Sling enclosures

FitzzSimmons

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, can anyone refer me to the best enclosures to use for aboreal sling because I have deli cups but 1. I have no clue how to poke holes in them (which is essential for my C.versicolor 2. They don't look as nice for aboreal Ts (I live in the UK do a EU seller would be nice)

Minty

@londontarantulas
Hey guys, can anyone refer me to the best enclosures to use for aboreal sling because I have deli cups but 1. I have no clue how to poke holes in them (which is essential for my C.versicolor 2. They don't look as nice for aboreal Ts (I live in the UK do a EU seller would be nice)
Do you have a drill, a sewing needle, a screwdriver or a soldering iron?

Any of these will make holes in your cup, but just make sure the holes are small enough so the sling can't fit through it.

Thespidershop.co.uk do lots of tubs for sling enclosures and I'd recommend their 32oz cup. Easy to poke holes in that with a sewing needle and sewing needles will be easily available from your local Tesco etc.

This is the cup I use for my P.Metallica sling. Really easy to poke enough holes in and a good height for arboreal cork bark.

Last edited by a moderator:

FitzzSimmons

Arachnosquire
Do you have a drill, a sewing needle, a screwdriver or a soldering iron?

Any of these will make holes in your cup, but just make sure the holes are small enough so the sling can't fit through it.

Thespidershop.co.uk do lots of tubs for sling enclosures and I'd recommend their 32oz cup. Easy to poke holes in that with a sewing needle and sewing needles will be easily available from your local Tesco etc.

This is the cup I use for my P.Metallica sling. Really easy to poke enough holes in and a good height for arboreal cork bark.
I actually bought their 16oz cups! Those are the cups I was talking about, and I have a seeing needle but won't that make tiny tiny holes. Would I have to make a lot of these tiny holes for there to be good ventilation since C.versicolor needs very good ventilation.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I actually bought their 16oz cups! Those are the cups I was talking about, and I have a seeing needle but won't that make tiny tiny holes. Would I have to make a lot of these tiny holes for there to be good ventilation since C.versicolor needs very good ventilation.
As long as your sewing needle isn't more than 1-2mm in diameter, the holes will be small enough.

Minty

@londontarantulas
For a C.versicolor how many holes do you think I should put on the top and side
Roughly 20 holes on opposite sides and 30 on top should be fine. Sprinkle a small amount of water every 3-4 days.

Bear in mimd this species likes to make a web near the top of the enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For a C.versicolor how many holes do you think I should put on the top and side
Please make sure your T has a water bowl. If you rely on sprinkling water alone to hydrate your T, it may die. The reason is, you don't know when it's thirsty, no way to predict when thirsty 100% of the time. Alternatively some Avics don't drink from water bowls, or do so infrequently. I never sprinkle water in unless after a molt.