Sling enclosure

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
Where or what can I use for a sling enclosure. I don't want something big because one is 1 cm and the other is 0.5 cm. I have two arboreal and one terrestrial tarantula which i know how to make it's enclosure.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Where or what can I use for a sling enclosure. I don't want something big because one is 1 cm and the other is 0.5 cm. I have two arboreal and one terrestrial tarantula which i know how to make it's enclosure.
Which species are you getting? (Avicularia can usually be set up as arboreals from the beginning, but other arboreal slings often go through a terrestrial/burrowing phase.)

For terrestrial slings (@cold blood)

For arboreal slings (@cold blood)

General advice for caring for Avicularia or Caribena versicolor.

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
mainly about the pumpkin patch and the Brazilian red and white
I think both the Hapalopus (pumpkin patch) and Nhandu chromatus (Brazilian red and white) may burrow as slings, so you can probably do a typical terrestrial sling setup with extra depth for burrowing.

I haven't kept either of these, however, so feel free to wait for feedback from people who have (or search the forum for terms like "Hapalopus sling care/setup").

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
mainly about the pumpkin patch and the Brazilian red and white

Pumpkins don't require anything special. I've owned 3. All raised in condiment cups, Thornton vials, and deli cups, and as adults either a KK or a ExoTerra Breeder Box, small.

The Brazilian, also nothing special needed there as well.

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
Thank you a bunch I was gonna be extra and put a lot of things.

Pumpkins don't require anything special. I've owned 3. All raised in condiment cups, Thornton vials, and deli cups, and as adults either a KK or a ExoTerra Breeder Box, small.

The Brazilian, also nothing special needed there as well.

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
I think both the Hapalopus (pumpkin patch) and Nhandu chromatus (Brazilian red and white) may burrow as slings, so you can probably do a typical terrestrial sling setup with extra depth for burrowing.

I haven't kept either of these, however, so feel free to wait for feedback from people who have (or search the forum for terms like "Hapalopus sling care/setup").
I'll do that too, thank you a whole bunch :D