Sling enclosure size

samo102

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

I got 6 slings last week, and ordered the enclosures from here.
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_containers/clear_plastic_boxes/222

All my slings are little less than 1 inch and I ordered 751 and 752. Is this too small?
What do you guys think?
These are the same i use for my 2 slings, i use the 774. Check if you have a “container store” in your area. They sell these exact ones with larger tops as well for cheaper, and without shipping

Theneil

Arachnoprince
They will work for a molt or two, but that is pretty snug. General rule is 2-4 times legspan in each direction for floorspace. Granted, larger or smaller (to an extent) can work, but would be used on the preference of the individual keeper, and often varies depending on species.

cold blood

Staff member
When it comes to NW terrestrial slings, smaller is what you want....if thats what you are housing.

I dont know how anyone can tell you too small or too big without knowing the species.

A 1/2" B. albiceps would be fine in the small one for 6 months to a year....a 1/2" genic would out grow it in weeks, so it would be too small....1/2" avic would be impossibly cramped.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont know how anyone can tell you too small or too big without knowing the species.
People are mind readers on this forum. There's a direct correlation with post number and ESP. As post number decreases, the person's ability to read minds increases.