Sling doesn't eat. pics (no premolt I bet my life on it)

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My G rosea 1/4" sling. has arrived about 2 weeks ago.

She is not fat, no dark patch.. Nothing.. I usually dont worry about fasting.

But this is a liiiiittle sling wich I dont wanna loose ofc... I wouldn't be worried if it was bigger.

I feed my other 3 slings cricket legs and they take it over night. I have a N.chromatus who is fo sure about to molt and the other sling a G pulchripes is at the same "fat size" of this G rosea and is eating. This one is just not taking anything.

Why is this happening?

Is she not adapted yet? G roseas are sooo evil on beiing wierdos XD LOL :p

Sorry bout the thread.

//Tiago

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you might have to try a pinhead. sometimes my t's wont take legs, so i either give them a pinhead or or mash a large cricket and place the gooshy remains in the enclosure, you will have to remove it though do to molding.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LoL! I second Joe.. They are going to act the same as slings as they would adults.. Mine can go forever without eating.. They are just a about an inch..

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I 'third' Joe!

G. rosea are NOT known for their timely eating schedule lol

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes indeed xD Freaking roseas :p I'll try to pre kill a little cricket and get him in there and see what happens. Damn.. they are picky :p =))) It is so cute to have babies growing! x)) :p

Tkz

//Tiago

Nymphenee

Arachnopeon
When I got my rosie sling (probably same size as yours!) it went three weeks without eating before surprising me with a molt. As far as I can recall it didn't show any signs of premolt sans the fasting.

Just make sure water is available to it and continue to offer it prey. It'll eat if it wants to.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think my first post on these boards was about the same accept it was a 5" G. rosea that had not ate anything in 6 months. If I remember right she ended up fasting for 10 months. Moral of that story was if you feen a 5" tarantula a 3" mouse she wont beg hungry for a while and you wont get to see her eat.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes indeed xD Freaking roseas :p I'll try to pre kill a little cricket and get him in there and see what happens. Damn.. they are picky :p =))) It is so cute to have babies growing! x)) :p

Tkz

//Tiago
You don't have to offer food very often; try once a week, and take out the prey item after one day if it isn't touched. Eventually she will decide to rejoin the living and act like a metabolizing organism, but for now, she is one happy rosea ;). You must be doing something right to have one fasting like that :}

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I got my rosie sling (probably same size as yours!) it went three weeks without eating before surprising me with a molt. As far as I can recall it didn't show any signs of premolt sans the fasting.

Just make sure water is available to it and continue to offer it prey. It'll eat if it wants to.
+1 I have a rosea sling that has never shown signs of a black abdomen for premolt. Mine just stop eating. left it along and I would spray the top lid of its vial for moisture (not the substrate) They are strange even as slings.