Slight Case Of Arachnodiction !!

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Yea I got one of those I think is the pumpkin patch right ?(not so good with me scientific names ) is a beautiful t if so there web structures are thing beauty too
An yea think few questions would be raised about a random shed in the courtyard haha ...maybe a fake stud wall in one of the bedrooms if it works with illegals it work with Ts Mrs or the lanlord never know haha

user 666

Arachnobaron
So In the past few weeks my collections gone from 2 Ts to 10, with more Ts adding to my wish list it shows no sign of stopping soon :happy: how bigs everyone else collection and how long did it take before it got out of control
I have 18 so far - plus seven more on the way.

I was able to keep my habit under control for several years because I only bought more mature Ts and only got the cheap ones. But then in mid-December I discovered that spiderlings were cheaper and more fun to watch than older Ts, and things quickly spiraled out of control.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Yea bet he/she looks lovely now and maybe not out of control yet ... :smug:
I'm pretty slow and methodical in general, so it's unlikely to ever spiral out of control. I understand that having 50 of them isn't 10 times more fun than having 5 of them. There are diminishing returns, at least for me.

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I understand that having 50 of them isn't 10 times more fun than having 5 of them. T
Correct. It's more than 10 times the fun :D Not even kidding. As you know, spiders do everything slow. When you have dozens of them, then something is always going on. Long premolts and fasts don't really matter when you've got other spiders to observe.

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
I have 18 so far - plus seven more on the way.

I was able to keep my habit under control for several years because I only bought more mature Ts and only got the cheap ones. But then in mid-December I discovered that spiderlings were cheaper and more fun to watch than older Ts, and things quickly spiraled out of control.
Spiderlings are much more fun and it's satisfying and rewarding watching em grow
Price is a lot better unless ya go to my local pet shop they wanted 30 40 pounds for spiderlings stick to online dealers for those I think

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Correct. It's more than 10 times the fun :D Not even kidding. As you know, spiders do everything slow. When you have dozens of them, then something is always going on. Long premolts and fasts don't really matter when you've got other spiders to observe.
Lol I bet you've always got something happening in your collection

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, I've had 3 molts this week and my Phormic is in heavy premolt. Also my tiniest P. sazimai I just noticed is darkening. Also going to try to mate my G. porteri couple this weekend. Constant fun with a bunch of Ts.

Probably 10 spiders would be enough only if they were all pamphos. Those things eat and grow and molt at a crazy pace.

boina

Lady of the mites
I've crossed the 100 line last year when my T. cyaneolum dropped a sac and I kept 23 of the babies. If you don't count them I have only 90 - a fact to be remedied quite soon - the next 4 are pre-ordered.

But I'm totally in control. I can stop any time I want.

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
I've crossed the 100 line last year when my T. cyaneolum dropped a sac and I kept 23 of the babies. If you don't count them I have only 90 - a fact to be remedied quite soon - the next 4 are pre-ordered.

But I'm totally in control. I can stop any time I want.
Lol total in control love your style haha

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Not sure yet, debating whether or not to hit up Bugfest in Dorset this weekend and see if anything takes my fancy.

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Not sure yet, debating whether or not to hit up Bugfest in Dorset this weekend and see if anything takes my fancy.
Sounds like a plan to me u hiring a van for all ya new additions and bugfest that based in Dorset grym or they go all different places ?