Skittish clumsy Poecilotheria sling?

Sellith

Arachnopeon
One of my Poecilotheria subfusca slings appears to be scared of pinhead crickets, it tries to attack them but sometimes fails to catch it or freaks out when it begins to move, other than that it seems healthy, runs fast, walks nicely, but hides in a corner. The other slings I have all sit in their safe spot like ambush predator style, but this one sling seems adventurous/skittish/scared/not a great hunter. I'll pay close attention to it, anyone got any experience to share?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Could just be that you have a bit of a nutty one. My P. metallica is an absolute spaz, behaves really erratically/runs laps when you touch the enclosure (if I posted a vid in the FB tarantula groups they'd probably try to tell me she has DKS and to put her down lol) and sometimes bolts from prey if they're dropped too close to her (but she does eat them eventually).

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can always try pre-killed prey. Some slings just aren't brave lol

Could just be that you have a bit of a nutty one. My P. metallica is an absolute spaz, behaves really erratically/runs laps when you touch the enclosure (if I posted a vid in the FB tarantula groups they'd probably try to tell me she has DKS and to put her down lol) and sometimes bolts from prey if they're dropped too close to her (but she does eat them eventually).
This absolutely describes 90% of my Pokie slings lol

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
This absolutely describes 90% of my Pokie slings lol
I've only ever owned 2 Pokies and they're polar opposites.

My P. subfusca was so chill and easy to work with it was ridiculous (I thought he was trying to lull me into a false sense of security or something), didn't even give me any trouble when I packed him up to ship off as an MM.

I'm paranoid my P. metallica will try to escape any time I need open her enclosure to do maintenance lol (she's over 4" as well).

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've only ever owned 2 Pokies and they're polar opposites.

My P. subfusca was so chill and easy to work with it was ridiculous (I thought he was trying to lull me into a false sense of security or something), didn't even give me any trouble when I packed him up to ship off as an MM.

I'm paranoid my P. metallica will try to escape any time I need open her enclosure to do maintenance lol (she's over 4" as well).
My adult female P. met has always been incredibly calm, even when she was a sling. I don't hesitate to open her enclosure and get my phone all up in her bubble to take photos... she has never bolted, threat posed, etc.

Our sling/on the verge of juvie P. regalis is rather calm... no laps around the deli and doesn't immediately bolt for cover. But our P. subfusca HL, P. rufilata, and two P. met slings are quite skittish - the first two just dart to their web/dirt tunnels, but the P. met youngsters do laps first lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One of my Poecilotheria subfusca slings appears to be scared of pinhead crickets, it tries to attack them but sometimes fails to catch it or freaks out when it begins to move, other than that it seems healthy, runs fast, walks nicely, but hides in a corner. The other slings I have all sit in their safe spot like ambush predator style, but this one sling seems adventurous/skittish/scared/not a great hunter. I'll pay close attention to it, anyone got any experience to share?
Could have a small container, could be anything..... You haven't provided enough info to provide better answers, and thus this is a waste of everyone's time.

Pics of container and T would help.:rolleyes:

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Good thing my 3 P. regalis slings are easy to feed. Small vibrations and their already in hunting mode.