Sideways flipped aboreal 10 gal do you use backdrops ?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
DFA6BAE9-DB67-49A1-8221-11AD4154A8F8.jpeg AEB283AF-A894-4A72-941B-C441FB1A2749.jpeg ACF4B7FE-837F-47A2-B54B-6358D321DE50.jpeg any ideas or safe glues for either used wood or a styrofoam backdrop any pics or suggestions? I fixed my lid now back looks bare of tank .

Thekla

Arachnoprince
You usually use aquarium silicone for glueing stuff to the background and/or the background to the glass. There are tons of videos how to make a background for any type of enclosure on Youtube.

@petkokc has some nice tutorials:

SerpaDesign also has some nice tutorials:

These are only a few examples... as I said, there're tons of tutorials. ;)

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Black Great Stuff pond foam, GE silicone clear 1 (dont get number two, it's not considered animal safe) and coco coir/reptile bark. That's the recipe I use for the most part. SerpaDesign has amazing tutorials on this process, as mentioned above. In fact, his videos are just plain amazing and inspiring. It's one thing to do it with a 10g, but this guy did it with a 150g too.

Thanks,
--Matt

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Probably should wait until I got more money , what are those logs he used ? Anywhere you can get bulk corkbark cheap and styrofoam? For aquarium backs .
Thanks!!!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I love your pics, my man :)

They are incredibly genuine, a la 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', somewhat. Screw this modern era of super duper high quality 4/5/8K pics and whatnot where only aesthetics matter. Such modernism irritates me.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I love your pics, my man :)

They are incredibly genuine, a la 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', somewhat. Screw this modern era of super duper high quality 4/5/8K pics and whatnot where only aesthetics matter. Such modernism irritates me.
I’ll probably get more t pics next time I feed them . I think iPhone camera Is hdr but I have no tv with hdr . My 4k tv is not hdr .
My tarantulas lair is room is a mess , no filter for dry vacuum. I cannot use dust broom , Incase urticaring hair season on the floor !!!

Clydedaisy

Arachnopeon
Probably should wait until I got more money , what are those logs he used ? Anywhere you can get bulk corkbark cheap and styrofoam? For aquarium backs .
Thanks!!!
I love thebiodude for “bulk” cork bark, they pick really nice pieces and are a pretty good value

laservet

Arachnopeon
I used a cork background from ZooMed, cut it to fit, then attached it to the back wall of the enclosure with industrial strength Velcro. Nice tight fit but is easily removed if needed. The T spends most of her time on it.

Solsurfer

Solsurfer
I take bark off of dead ash and elm . If you find the right tree you can get big pieces. If the bark is wet it's pliable and will readily curl into a tubular hide. I cut it to fit on the back wall and hot glue it. Thats an old one . It was prettier when I made it . 1559960650508-1438314956.jpg