Sick vinegaroon : need help quickly

jtktomb

Arachnopeon
I just registered my acount here because my mastigoproctus giganteus has a bloated abdomen since a few weeks, he is less responsive and i had to clean stuck feces off his abdomen, i didn't find answers anywhere about this kind of sickness.
if you know anything about bloated abdomen with uropygi or scorpion, i need your help.
it maybe related to humidity but i am not sure, or it could just due to ageing because i bought it as a fully grown adult about 2 and an half years ago.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2lcbfvk.jpg

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Might it just be molting? Bloated abdomen and sluggishness are often signs of an approaching molt.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree, it doesn't look mature and getting close to molting. That look is normal before a molt, other than the broken tail. It needs to be on deep moist soil along with something kind of big it can dig under and molt under. If it's about to molt, you may not see it for some months after it digs under the surface to make a chamber unless it makes one next to the glass somewhere.

jtktomb

Arachnopeon
I agree, it doesn't look mature and getting close to molting. That look is normal before a molt, other than the broken tail. It needs to be on deep moist soil along with something kind of big it can dig under and molt under. If it's about to molt, you may not see it for some months after it digs under the surface to make a chamber unless it makes one next to the glass somewhere.
Ok, i will do that, but it did not burry himself and stayed absolutly still, he is not responsive to any stimulation and i fought he had done all his molt, because in 2 and 1/2 years i didn't saw it molting !
anyway, thanks for the quick answers

jtktomb

Arachnopeon
Ok, i will do that, but it did not burry himself and stayed absolutly still, he is not responsive to any stimulation and i fought he had done all his molt, because in 2 and 1/2 years i didn't saw it molting !
anyway, thanks for the quick answers
Also, The tail was already broken when i purchased it, and does anybody know how i can check if he is stilla live ?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If it hasn't moved in 24 hours, it's probably dead. I'm 100% sure it was not a mature male.