Sicarius

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
He still doesnt realise the damage that one bite can cause. I keep sicarius but they are double caged and about 0.001% chance of them escaping. You should have thought ahead and seen this coming posting pics like that.:embarrassed:
You've had yours for what...2 weeks?

Quixtar said:
I'm an arachnid toxicologist at the University of Minnesota. I fully understand the consequences and know what type of action to take if I mess up. I have immediate access to equipment and protocol on hand. It's the only time I've ever held a conscious Sicarius. If anything would have happened, well then, I guess I would have had to become one of the first human test subjects.

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
interesting.....

It's not stupid, it's taking an unnecessary risk for fun, to have possible death waltzing about in the palm of your hand, and to get away scotch free.
Ok, I wasn't going to get into this debate but I couldn't help notice the above statement. Probably the most irresponsible thing said in this post, yet the very people who have been beating on CJ about responsibility / maturity have nothing to say about it. Just a thought :rolleyes:

P.S. No offense to you Quixtar... not trying to judge you or anything, just making an observation.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably the most irresponsible thing said in this post, yet the very people who have been beating on CJ about responsibility / maturity have nothing to say about it. Just a thought :rolleyes:
For me that stems from the fact that Quixtar understands the venom, how it works, and the damage it would do. I dont think cjm honestly appreciates the amount of damage these spiders could potentially do while Quixtar works with the venom composition and effects.

So, while I dont agree with handling these spiders(or any spider for that matter, yes I have/do though...), as long as the person understands the potential and is in a state of mind where they can grasp the consequences of a bite, it is their business(informed consent).

Quixtar understands the potential, and the risk; cjm, in my opinion does not, his age/maturity definitely contribute to his interpretation of the dangers and risks thus opening him up to criticism.