Sicarius terrosus

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
I've seen these guys for a while. And I've been pretty intrested in getting one. Few questions, what kind of sand should I use, like does it matter? I know they use sand particles on them when they are younger to disguise themselves so I would like to use white sand but the health of the spider is more important so I want to get the best sand. Do they need any water dishes or anything? I've never seen one in their set ups. What's the cost like usually? Anything else I should know before getting one?
I'm well aware of their venom.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've seen these guys for a while. And I've been pretty intrested in getting one. Few questions, what kind of sand should I use, like does it matter? I know they use sand particles on them when they are younger to disguise themselves so I would like to use white sand but the health of the spider is more important so I want to get the best sand. Do they need any water dishes or anything? I've never seen one in their set ups. What's the cost like usually? Anything else I should know before getting one?
I'm well aware of their venom.
They're now called Sicarius thomisoides.

I use child safe sand for mine. No water dish or other decorations. They literally just need 2-3 centimetres of sand.

Here's my juvenile feeding.

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
They're now called Sicarius thomisoides.

I use child safe sand for mine. No water dish or other decorations. They literally just need 2-3 centimetres of sand.

Here's my juvenile feeding.

Alright, how much did yours cost? I know it'll probably be different in America but I wanna get a possible rough estimate of what the price might be.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Alright, how much did yours cost? I know it'll probably be different in America but I wanna get a possible rough estimate of what the price might be.
I can't actually remember. Was a grown on sling when I bought him. £30 maybe. They don't come up for sale very often over here.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just looked. I paid £35 delivered. So the spider was £24.