Sicarius leg injury

Hello again friends, one of my sicarius spiders got its leg pinched by my forceps during a tank cleaning, and the leg seems to be functional still, but she's holding it close to her body, will it fall off eventually or will it heal and go back to normal? It seems like It's looking better than before. Before she would just stick it straight up in the air but now it's starting to move better. Is this normal? She's eating fine still, but she's not burying herself as much as she used to. I saw her exploring her terrarium this morning if that gives any insight.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hello again friends, one of my sicarius spiders got its leg pinched by my forceps during a tank cleaning, and the leg seems to be functional still, but she's holding it close to her body, will it fall off eventually or will it heal and go back to normal? It seems like It's looking better than before. Before she would just stick it straight up in the air but now it's starting to move better. Is this normal? She's eating fine still, but she's not burying herself as much as she used to. I saw her exploring her terrarium this morning if that gives any insight.
How did you end up pinching her leg?

She'll drop it if it becomes too much of an annoyance or bring on a moult.

How did you end up pinching her leg?

She'll drop it if it becomes too much of an annoyance or bring on a moult.
I was picking up dead insects and she was right under a dead mosquito and when I grabbed the mosquito I accidentally pinched the middle of her right first leg. No blood came out but there was a bruise which isn't there anymore. This happened about a week ago btw.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I was picking up dead insects and she was right under a dead mosquito and when I grabbed the mosquito I accidentally pinched the middle of her right first leg. No blood came out but there was a bruise which isn't there anymore. This happened about a week ago btw.
She'll sort herself out.

basin79

ArachnoGod
So it'll go back to normal then? I mean if it falls off no big deal because she's still a baby, but it would be very interesting if through minor injury they need not sacrifice a limb but to nurture it and allow it to heal.
The leg won't heal. It is what it is now. She'll either drop if it becomes a problem or drop it when she next moults. If the leg isn't too badly damaged she might be able to get her leg out when she next moults.

You'll just have to be more careful with the tongs.