Sicarious molting question

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
l have 3 young Sicarious, that are on their 3rd molt me and l believe to be about 1/2 grown. I’m keeping them on excavator clay and coarse granite sand, never misted, fed twice week, and kept between 70-83F. One of them recently lost one if its legs in the molt. The spider seems fine and has fed since the apparently difficult molt. Is there anything l should do, to prevent this problem in the future? Will the leg grow back? Should l moisten a cotton ball and place it in the enclosure to add some humidity, when they are plump and refusing prey, indicating premolt?
l have kept scorpions and tarantulas and currently have about 80 scorpions, so l have some experience, but admittedly, l seem to be on a learning curve, as l seem to lose about 20% of 2i desert scorpions l receive, though never due to molting. l’ve never experienced a molt that didn’t go perfectly, so l’m hoping this was a fluke.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The leg will grow back over the next couple molts. I'd say the spider just had a random bad molt for one reason or another, so you don't have to worry about adding any extra humidity.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I would make sure the spiders substrate stays loose with the clay present so it can easily burrow, but the additional sand should be helping with that. These guys are awesome btw! I would totally get one if the bite wasn't most likely fatal. Best of luck with your Sicarius, should grow the leg back fine.