Show me your OBTs enclosure

korlash091

Arachnosquire
im curious to see how everyone here keeps their adult OBT, pics of your enclosures would be great.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Uhm, there's nothing much to see unfortunately, and at the moment I don't have a complete enclosure pic/s to show you but anyway I will describe you what's inside this enclosure you can see in the pic below (0.1 P.murinus, of course)

Pterinochilus murinus II.jpg

The enclosure is a cheap, 'Dragon' brand (Germany) kritter keeper. The size of the enclosure is basically a bit 'bigger' than the average medium sized KK of the trade, altough not an 'XL'.

Now I don't remember if inside I've placed 6 or 7 inches of substrate, anyway you have the idea. The substrate is basically bone dry, there's a water dish but you can't view that from this pic, since is in the opposite side.

Under that substrate and web, there's a piece of cork bark (where the spider is retreating in) and those fake leaves, obviously, once they weren't in such a position but she loved to 'windsurf' on those until said leaves went in full substrate :kiss:

So basically inches of substrate, cork bark, two fake leaves... nothing else, nothing fancy or elaborated.

I keep my T's decor (especially when inside there's web-loving T's, like those, 'GBB' etc) pretty on the 'spartan' side because I don't want to get mad when it comes to the necessary routine maintenance cleaning :)

korlash091

Arachnosquire
Uhm, there's nothing much to see unfortunately, and at the moment I don't have a complete enclosure pic/s to show you but anyway I will describe you what's inside this enclosure you can see in the pic below (0.1 P.murinus, of course)

View attachment 298298

The enclosure is a cheap, 'Dragon' brand (Germany) kritter keeper. The size of the enclosure is basically a bit 'bigger' than the average medium sized KK of the trade, altough not an 'XL'.

Now I don't remember if inside I've placed 6 or 7 inches of substrate, anyway you have the idea. The substrate is basically bone dry, there's a water dish but you can't view that from this pic, since is in the opposite side.

Under that substrate and web, there's a piece of cork bark (where the spider is retreating in) and those fake leaves, obviously, once they weren't in such a position but she loved to 'windsurf' on those until said leaves went in full substrate :kiss:

So basically inches of substrate, cork bark, two fake leaves... nothing else, nothing fancy or elaborated.

I keep my T's decor (especially when inside there's web-loving T's, like those, 'GBB' etc) pretty on the 'spartan' side because I don't want to get mad when it comes to the necessary routine maintenance cleaning :)
nice thank you!!
do you think a medium size KK would be enough for an adult?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
nice thank you!!
do you think a medium size KK would be enough for an adult?
Considering that adults (0.1 especially) aren't big like P.muticus, H.gigas and the likes of those massive obligate burrowers (like NW M.robustum etc) yes, a medium sized KK can work. Mine is in such a sized enclosure, after all -- altough that brand offers a IMO more 'generous' medium size than other KK brands I've saw.

Still, if you want to opt for an XL, no issues at all, man... as you know, they are incredibly easy to keep, hard as rocks and, if there's plenty of substrate and a piece of wood for burrow under, their attitude is in general more in the 'relaxed' mode instead of threat posing like crazy :)

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
EDE6394C-33E8-4F0B-A298-76E8CCF9DF0A.jpeg A lot of space + a lot of substrate + a large hide = happy OBT = happy keeper.

P. S. Notice it’s not in sight. Being not in sight when you’re messing with it’s house means it’s happy. See, proof positive.

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
nice! is that a medium or lager KK??
It’s a large kk, every T I have has a large kk but I’m thinking of picking up an extra large one soon, but at that point with the money you pay you might as well get a nice 5 gallon tank