Should I resuce a "pinktoe tarantula" from a petstore?

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Its labeled as a "pinktoe tarantula" for $30. It looks to be 3"ish, but I can't see it well. Its in a deep cage thats more for a terrestrial and its hanging out on the back wall behind some fake plants, so not 100% on the species. I'm debating to go in there with a clear catch cup and see if I can determine if it a male or female.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
You CAN, but they'll just replace it with another. It'll be a vicious cycle and if you keep doing it, you'll just end up with 400 avics and no room for anything else. Or money.
Keeps happening with a C. lividum at our lps.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I just bought the forest scorpion there today for 10 bucks. It was the first time I went in there. I thought it was just a supply store..

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Maybe they will but atleast the T will be in a better spot and in a good home. The petco where I bought my T replaced it with a gecko but I'm sure eventually they might get another T....

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I mean if you are looking to get a "pink toe" it might not be a bad idea. If nothing else you could try to educate the pet store people a little if you decide to not get it.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
What kinda scorp? H. Spinifer?
It just asian forest scorpion. I hear they are very similar to emperor scorpions. Sorry for using common names. I just don' know them yes with scorpions. I have a few pictures in the scorpion area I posed today.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I mean if you are looking to get a "pink toe" it might not be a bad idea. If nothing else you could try to educate the pet store people a little if you decide to not get it.
I have 2 versicolor slings. Not necessarily looking for another one, but maybe this one is miss identified. I hear stories all the time about miss identification.

TheSanguineSaint

Arachnosquire
Buy it then complain and yelp or rate your arse off! The squeaky wheel gets oiled! I hate to put money into the nasty cycle that pet stores are but cant bear to see suffering. Grrrr!!!

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Yah that the one I got Heterometrus Spinifer. They are a more humid species that resides in the jungle in south east Asia.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Give it a hide and a descent amount of substrate as they will burrow a bit.