Should I put down my hisser?

MadisonBoib

Arachnopeon
IMG_1101.JPG IMG_1103.JPG So my male madagascar hissing cockroach, Clyde, gotout of his habitat a few months ago when i forgot to secure it. In the morning he was under my door frame and i shut the door with out knowing. Well after hearing a very unhappy hiss i opened it and found him and unfourtunatley it looked like a part of his rectum had been squished out of his butt. I though he would either die or it would go back inside so i gave it a few days.... well fast forward to no and he still has a prolasped rectum. I have felt awful and have hoped he hasnt been in pain but he still seemed to lively and it hadnt seemed to bother him at all. This morning i woke up and it appears that apart of the prolapse may have split and not there is subrate all encrusted to it. I tried dampening it get it off but when i pulled poor little clyde let out an awfully loud hiss and he seemed in pain.... once i stepped messing with it he calmed down and once again seems perfectly fine. I feel so bad for him. Do you guys think i should put him down or let him keep living with his prolapsed rectum and ball of substrate following him around? I just hope he isnt in pain :( please help me make the right choice.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He's going to die eventually from the prolapse since he won't be able to pass wastes. Hissers tend to take a while to kick it, so he'll probably be able to hang on for a few more days at least. Probably best to just put him in the freezer so he can go peacefully.

MadisonBoib

Arachnopeon
Yeah.... thats what i was thinking.... poor clyde.... i guess i will need to get bonnie a new mate