Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Somebody is selling these three slings on Craigslist. 20171214_113521.png
Pretty sure this is N. incei
20171214_113546.png
C. marshalli
20171214_113631.png
Hopefully B. albiceps?

I'm really considering this. I have about 20 Ts right now, but 95% of them are slings.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I'm not sure what the top T is, but @Trenor, @14pokies and @cold blood have experience with these slings. The second one could very well be C. marshalli, but the third one...I don't think that's B. albiceps. Google B. albiceps and you'll note their legs are black, their abdomen is black and red-- totally different. Good be N. incei Gold however.

What tarantulas do you have experience with?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I could easily be wrong, but I REALLY don't think that bottom one looks like any type of Brachypelma.

The top pic is extremely blurry, so I couldn't even begin to guess if you're right on the species.

They don't sound like terrible prices, but it's hard to know for sure without knowing exactly what they are. It's your call (I would consider it myself even), but be sure you're ready for potentially more than one OW species and be sure to post better pictures on here so people can properly ID them for you.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
I could easily be wrong, but I REALLY don't think that bottom one looks like any type of Brachypelma.

The top pic is extremely blurry, so I couldn't even begin to guess if you're right on the species.

They don't sound like terrible prices, but it's hard to know for sure without knowing exactly what they are. It's your call (I would consider it myself even), but be sure you're ready for potentially more than one OW species and be sure to post better pictures on here so people can properly ID them for you.
I don't mind if they end up being OW, I do have a couple already. I didn't really think it looked like any sort of Brachypelma, but with the description I had a little hope. My yearning for a B. albiceps made me want it to be one. The price is certainly tempting....even if they're a bit of a mystery as far as species.

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the top pic is n.incei olive
the 2nd doesn't look like a marshalli sling to me, but it's not a great pic
I think the 3rd pic is also incei just gold form

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
The first one looks like a P.cambridgei sling and the third one looks like a P.muticus sling..

I could be totally wrong. Other than the suspect Ceratogyrus sp I have never owned the species the seller is calling them. I'm just guessing off of blurry pics and how they look compared slings I have kept before :rofl:

The second pic is too dark and blurry to even guess.Lol

Last edited:

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
the third one looks like a P.muticus sling..
Are you sure? None of these pics are very good, but I don´t think it looks like a P. muticus sling at all. He also states that it´s a "fast grower" which definitely would not be the case with a P. muticus sling.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Are you sure? None of these pics are very good, but I don´t think it looks like a P. muticus sling at all. He also states that it´s a "fast grower" which definitely would not be the case with a P. muticus sling.
Nope not sure at all.. If the seller didn't know latin names I threw all "credible" growth info he had out the window.. Lol.. It's a little goldish sling could be P.muticus.. Maybe.. Just guessing :dead:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I don't mind if they end up being OW, I do have a couple already. I didn't really think it looked like any sort of Brachypelma, but with the description I had a little hope. My yearning for a B. albiceps made me want it to be one. The price is certainly tempting....even if they're a bit of a mystery as far as species.
Well if you have experience with OWs, I don't see why not. They're probably better off in your care than some random other person who picks them up thinking they're exactly what the seller says they are. The fact that the seller says the one is in the same family as the Mexican red knee makes me think he doesn't know what he's talking about. Lol.

Although to be a smartass, he's technically not wrong. They're ALL in same family: Theraphosidae. :rofl:

Swoop

Arachnosquire
(Hums)

Cuz it's a mystery spider!

Get all 3 for $50 and see if he'll throw in any extras :)

As for random dislikes/disagrees that's just what SingaporeB does. Maybe he just doesn't like when slings are alive?

boina

Lady of the mites
Are these really good prices in America?? I obviously have absolutely no clue about that, but I bought 5 (five) N. incei slings for 20 Euro altogether sometime this year...

If those prices are ok for you then why not? The straight horned baboon seems about right, I think the golden one looks like N. incei gold and I can't even see a spider in pic one - oh yeah, right, clinging to the glass? It's not impossible that it's a N. incei olive ;)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Are these really good prices in America?? I obviously have absolutely no clue about that, but I bought 5 (five) N. incei slings for 20 Euro altogether sometime this year...

If those prices are ok for you then why not? The straight horned baboon seems about right, I think the golden one looks like N. incei gold and I can't even see a spider in pic one - oh yeah, right, clinging to the glass? It's not impossible that it's a N. incei olive ;)
Cheapest N. incei I've seen offered lately is $18.99 for just under 2cm, and $19.99 for the gold form at about the same size, a little less.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
If you have the experience to manage possible OW species and you are open to the mystery aspects of this situation, then go for it!

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon

Prices over here are more than three times as much as in Germany and that's for what is common.

Mention importing here to beat those extortionist prices and the T-mafia draw their knives and come after you.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Do what you want, but personally being you I wouldn't buy, at all, a genus Ceratogyrus (hint, this one I slightly doubt is a C.sanderi, at least a bit less common specie) of 1 inch size for $20.

Love the genus, love C.marshalli and C.darlingi, but from what I've heard about they are quite available and cheap in the U.S as well, maybe sexed.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Do what you want, but personally being you I wouldn't buy, at all, a genus Ceratogyrus (hint, this one I slightly doubt is a C.sanderi, at least a bit less common specie) of 1 inch size for $20.

Love the genus, love C.marshalli and C.darlingi, but from what I've heard about they are quite available and cheap in the U.S as well, maybe sexed.
Actually, slings of darlingi are more readily found than others, at least that's what I've seen. Not saying you can't find marshalli or sanderi, or what have you-- but C. darlingi is the most common.

In less than five minutes I've found:
  1. 1"-1.5" C. darlingi for $30
  2. 1" C. darlingi for $20
  3. 0.75" C. meridonaldis for $34.99
  4. 1" C. darlingi for $20
  5. 1"-1.25" C. meridonaldis for $20

So if it's actually Ceratogyrus, it's not a bad price. About average. If it's marshalli, it's one of the more uncommon Ceratogyrus currently available.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
So if it's actually Ceratogyrus, it's not a bad price. About average. If it's marshalli, it's one of the more uncommon Ceratogyrus currently available.
I´m so happy that I am not living in America. Not only because of Ts of course, but that´s an added bonus. C. marshalli is really common here and slings go for 3 EUR which is around 3.50 USD.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Actually, slings of darlingi are more readily found than others, at least that's what I've seen. Not saying you can't find marshalli or sanderi, or what have you-- but C. darlingi is the most common.

In less than five minutes I've found:
  1. 1"-1.5" C. darlingi for $30
  2. 1" C. darlingi for $20
  3. 0.75" C. meridonaldis for $34.99
  4. 1" C. darlingi for $20
  5. 1"-1.25" C. meridonaldis for $20

In general C.darlingi and C.marshalli are very easy to find, almost always available (at least here). C.sanderi as well, but that specie is a bit less common than those two. Well, three, counting C.meridionalis.

Those prices are pure madness (for $35, basically, I can buy a sexed female, feeling a bit cheated, btw) but I understand the price differences :)

C.marshalli is uncommon in the U.S? I've heard different but uh :playful: