Should I Buy?

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon
I have a chance to buy some Pseudhapalopus sp kurzhaar slings. They say that it’s a newer species for America and they are a pretty nice looking T.

Does anyone have any info on these or know any specific needs they have?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Well, yeeeeeah! I don’t keep those, so I can’t speak regarding husbandry, but there’s no reason not to expand the collection if the situation arises.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Yeah. I saw some Phormictopus so violet/cautus for sale and snatched up 4 . Not sure exactly what I am getting but I love Phormictopus so much and will be happy anyways. Hopefully they are the same thing as Dominican purple but oh well. Saw something that looked interesting and I was feeling the itch of wanting more t's

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon
I think I will. I just know how some breeders are and when it comes to “sp xxxxx” it could be something else totally. Just thought I would get y’all a .02. Need to add some color to my T’s

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think I will. I just know how some breeders are and when it comes to “sp xxxxx” it could be something else totally. Just thought I would get y’all a .02. Need to add some color to my T’s
Make sure you check the reviews on here to see if the seller is reputable!
I have one sling of that species - I had two, but lost one early on. The survivor is a champ! They arrived as TINY SPECKS and now, a year later, it is .25" :rofl: It eats great on pre-killed dubia nymphs or buffalo beetle worms. It seems to appreciate semi-moist substrate and has excavated a pretty complicated burrow! Hope this helps :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I have a chance to buy some Pseudhapalopus sp kurzhaar slings. They say that it’s a newer species for America and they are a pretty nice looking T.

Unless you're illegally importing them; why not?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

So far all members of the genus are regarded as one of the slowest growing out there. Glacially slow I’ve heard.

Tom Patterson has owned and bred many different members of the genus.

He popped out 972 slings for species Blau, which is a lot for a small T!

Last edited: