Should i buy another S. Subspinipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
because my frog loves it thats what theyre here for. their life revolves around killing things to survive.
It’s you who likes to see it happen which is fine but don’t be offended if others label it as cruel since it’s not needed for the creatures survival and you even stated above that it was you who loved the thought of a bug “brutally” killing a mouse. Just watch it “brutally” kill a roach or cricket.

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
It’s you who likes to see it happen which is fine but don’t be offended if others label it as cruel since it’s not needed for the creatures survival and you even stated above that it was you who loved the thought of a bug “brutally” killing a mouse. Just watch it “brutally” kill a roach or cricket.
no friend you have it all wrong.

NYAN

Arachnoking
no my friend relax. yes they need to hunt dont feed them fruit lol, no im a adult i do adult things, i wouldnt recomend feeding mice to your giant centipedes but i do feed live mice to my frog which is quick and mostly humane. i dont label anything just a lack of misunderstanding.
What does you being an adult have to do with anything? They indeed can and do eat fruit. It is known to be beneficial to some degree for them. In the wild scolopendra heros has been seen eating prickley pear fruit.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Why feed live mice to your frog? There's zero need to do it. Frogs will happily accept F/T mice/rats/chicks off tongs.
I don't have a clue about frogs care/diet etc - or for that matter other non venomous buggers - but, my man, seems that this huge frog eat like a freaking Al Capone everything that moves, ah ah.

Lovely :)

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
no ili baby cmon you dont know?
Look it up and explain how we’ve all got it wrong.
As for your frog you can’t really use that as a fair example as they enjoy eating everything even a dudes finger. Some where on YouTube a pixie went after a dudes finger and it was pretty bloody.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
no friend you have it all wrong.
enlighten us then. from what i’ve seen, you’ve denied any fact that portrays centipedes as anything other than thoughtless killing machines. You yourself have said that your previous pedes made you “nervous”. Do you not think it would be beneficial to both yourself and your (future) animals if you took the time to see them as more than just something that kills stuff a lot? I’m in no way denying the prowess of centipedes as predators, but that should be taken into account with everything else about them that makes them the wonderful iverts we know and love. As for your frog, if it’s the one in your profile pic, which i assume it is, i’ll bet fair money it would take a prekilled mouse. C’mon man, it’s a pixie frog. They eat anything.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I don't have a clue about frogs care/diet etc - or for that matter other non venomous buggers - but, my man, seems that this huge frog eat like a freaking Al Capone everything that moves, ah ah.

Lovely :)

I used to own one @Chris LXXIX and they 100% don't need live vertebrates. Rancor used to eat the occasional F/T rat/chick and was more than happy to take them off the tongs.

Obviously vertebrate prey should be given as a rare treat. Inverts should make up the vast majority of their diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.