Should I bulk order a bunch of slings?

Kron

Arachnosquire
well my favourite species is Euathlus parvula so would like to breed them though all the slings I was looking at were 1cm so I'd have to wait a long while for a payoff on that xD yeah I might just get the marshelli for now maybe?

Also, if cambridgei was spooky to you, you might want to rethink old worlds a bit...not saying don’t do it, just sayinng make sure you are prepared.
This was no ordinary P. cambridgei I swear xD soon as I touched the enclosure he'd run all around it and fly out when I opened it and try and throw threats all over the place :') tbf I probably wouldn't want another T like that anytime soon so maybs you are right

Kron

Arachnosquire
at the same time I just wanna catch them all now xD studying zoology's not helping either

Kron

Arachnosquire
also actually quite interested in the idea of breeding Linothele fallax

Kron

Arachnosquire
think I am gonna have to buy a bunch soon either way :') annoying juveniles gotta be 4 times the price

Swoop

Arachnosquire
Yeah there's downsides to every age. Slings need more attention, they're hard to sex and feeding is less exciting, but they're cheap and molt more often. Juveniles are easier to sex and keep, but they're more expensive. And adults are usually already sexed and easiest to keep but are way more expensive because somebody's been taking care of them for years.

Kron

Arachnosquire
oooo Im back in my home town for a couple days and there's a new exotic pet shop, might check dat out

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've had a bunch of NW species before, gave away most and now I seem to want to buy a bunch again. Was thinking 2 Euathlus parvulus (my fav), G. pulchripes, B. albopilosum and some OWs; C. marshelli, H. maculata, O. schioedtei and/or O. violaceopes; none of which I've had before. Anyone else made a big impulase buy like this and did it work out well? and any other tips and such would be good, been out of the hobby for a while, currently only have a Paraphysa scrofa and an Aphonepelma seemani
Impulse buying is bad, impulse buying OW Ts is beyond ignorant.

Kron

Arachnosquire
Impulse buying is bad, impulse buying OW Ts is beyond ignorant.
I mean I bought 2 mice last month on the spot in a garden centre and its going great and I didn't know anything about mice care till I asked a few questions and did some googling :/ meanwhile I have 4 years experience with tarantulas, have a bunch of spare enclosures, know their husbandry, watched vids and took a moment to ask here for opinions and study spiders as a zoologist so compares to most of my life events this is not really impulse when I think about it

Kron

Arachnosquire
just the bulk buying I'm contemplating, but it sounds like a fair few do it without much issue and it would make things way easier for me

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I mean I bought 2 mice last month on the spot in a garden centre and its going great and I didn't know anything about mice care till I asked a few questions and did some googling :/ meanwhile I have 4 years experience with tarantulas, have a bunch of spare enclosures, know their husbandry, watched vids and took a moment to ask here for opinions and study spiders as a zoologist so compares to most of my life events this is not really impulse when I think about it
I'm only going by your words in the op. You wrote impulse not me ;)

Taking care of most mammals is way easier than tarantulas for many reasons.
Watching vids is somewhat useful, but doesn't prepare one for an OW in any way.
I LOVE spiders, esp jumpers, not the same as OW Ts ;)

If you get an OW, get a Ceratogyrus only. If you find that too fast, esp when it's 4-5", imagine what owning an H. mac will be like. I've owned both. H mac's are an advanced OW without question with quite the potent venom.

Kron

Arachnosquire
I'm only going by your words in the op. You wrote impulse not me ;)

Taking care of most mammals is way easier than tarantulas for many reasons.
Watching vids is somewhat useful, but doesn't prepare one for an OW in any way.
I LOVE spiders, esp jumpers, not the same as OW Ts ;)

If you get an OW, get a Ceratogyrus only. If you find that too fast, esp when it's 4-5", imagine what owning an H. mac will be like. I've owned both. H mac's are an advanced OW without question with quite the potent venom.
Ima gonna get a rattlesnake

lateapexpredator

So angry
well my favourite species is Euathlus parvula so would like to breed them though all the slings I was looking at were 1cm so I'd have to wait a long while for a payoff on that xD yeah I might just get the marshelli for now maybe?

This was no ordinary P. cambridgei I swear xD soon as I touched the enclosure he'd run all around it and fly out when I opened it and try and throw threats all over the place :') tbf I probably wouldn't want another T like that anytime soon so maybs you are right
at the same time I just wanna catch them all now xD studying zoology's not helping either
also actually quite interested in the idea of breeding Linothele fallax
think I am gonna have to buy a bunch soon either way :') annoying juveniles gotta be 4 times the price
Did you know you can wait until you've completed your thoughts before posting.

Also my vote is hold your horses.

Attachments

Kron

Arachnosquire
So we thinkin 3 E. parvulas, 3 l. fallax, 1 G. pulchripes, 1 horned baboon, 20 rattlesnakes and 1 curly hair?