1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Inquiry] Shops in the Tampa area

Discussion in 'Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings' started by Jokesonmeow, May 19, 2018.

1. Jokesonmeow

Jokesonmeow Arachnopeon

FL
    Advertisement
    Hey all! Does anyone have any suggestions for shops in the Tampa area? Thank you!

2. spidertori

spidertori Arachnopeon

Florida
    I'd love to know this too!

3. Jokesonmeow

Jokesonmeow Arachnopeon

FL
    Aside from Foster’s Exotics in Pasco, I still haven’t found any that were worthwhile.

4. spidertori

spidertori Arachnopeon

Florida
    I do know they're good (but didn't realize they had T's) though a bit of a hike! If anyone else is looking Pinellas county reptiles also has T's. I didn't go in, but the man on the phone (who said he's not their tarantula guy so doesn't know the scientific names) told me they have a few Mexican firelegs, some ornamentals, and some baboons. Since I was looking for NWs I didn't bother to go by.

5. Erin Smith

Erin Smith Arachnopeon

I've never purchased a T from Pinellas County Reptiles, but they're my go to for supplies and have the best T selection in Tampa/surrounding areas, and they're the best overall store in my opinion. I have gotten some Ts from Herp Hobby Shop in the past, but the selection has dwindled since they moved locations. They seem to have a lot of slings after Repticon comes to town. I have recently discovered Species Pet Supply in Brandon, which has a pretty small election but it's still worth checking out. I just got a N. Chromatus juvenile from them. They don't seem to have your "typical Ts". And finally, there's Super Pet on Hillsborough Avenue, but they're pretty sad. Their Ts tend to be kept in poor conditions and they seem relatively uneducated about them. I picked up an A. Seemani from them a few months back because my heart sank when I saw her. She was in a teeny Kritter Keeper with a sponge for water and no hide. She was the only one there at the time, but I've seen them have other Ts in the past.

• Like Like x 2