Shocking Advice

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
So I have a YouTube channel that I started for my tarantulas. I really don’t do much with it anymore. Content is scarce when you have a smaller T family. Every now and then I’ll get comments on my videos. This last comment advised me that if I ever use the “flood method” again for rehousing I should try... shocking my tarantula to stun it. o_O Has anyone ever heard of this? This sounds like a really dangerous practice for all parties involved. :anxious: Needless to say, I’m not trying it :rofl:

FEB3B201-F434-46C7-80CB-1F03C24ED086.jpeg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That comment actually sounds like a joke and not to be seriously taken. I would reply back with "Nice joke LOL"

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
That comment actually sounds like a joke and not to be seriously taken. I would reply back with "Nice joke LOL"
Lol I already replied saying I wouldn’t be trying this method. At first I thought he must be pullin my leg but it’s hard to tell when it’s just text over the internet.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
YouTube commentors are always full of surprises. Some of these people are sad, sad humans whose only joy in life is getting a rise by being a shock jock out of other people.

Major 78

Arachnosquire
I used to keep ants. Their was something about flooding them when rehousing. The "Flood Method". Which wasn't neccasarily flooding them. It was making their current home uncomfortable and the home you want them rehoused into. A few examples. Chilling their home and warming the place you want to rehouse them. Lowering humidity to almost 0 and teasing humidity in their new home. Raising humidity to almost 100 and having normal conditions in their new home. Flooded, and dry. Etc... Some of the less stress methods are OK with ants (not sure about tarantulas but most likely no since tarantulas are much more sensitive) while the extreme method are a big no-no.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
My my, what an electrifying idea. I do believe this is against the mainstream current. I do believe . . . I think . . . I cannot come up with more puns.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I cannot come up with more puns.
Well, more power to you for trying. I know I was both stunned and shocked to read this!

I admit I slowly flooded out my C fimbri for a rehouse but NO ELECTICITY was involved! Geeez.

Hope the poster was joking -- water and electricity shouldn't mix, and I certainly don't want a T or me injury! This sounds like it could cause a serious burn. smh

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My my, what an electrifying idea. I do believe this is against the mainstream current. I do believe . . . I think . . . I cannot come up with more puns.
Ohm-y! This delightful thread really has me so amped up that if you attempt to switch to another topic before we've all had our say, you may meet some resistance.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So I have a YouTube channel that I started for my tarantulas. I really don’t do much with it anymore. Content is scarce when you have a smaller T family. Every now and then I’ll get comments on my videos. This last comment advised me that if I ever use the “flood method” again for rehousing I should try... shocking my tarantula to stun it. o_O Has anyone ever heard of this? This sounds like a really dangerous practice for all parties involved. :anxious: Needless to say, I’m not trying it :rofl:

View attachment 296431
Either that is a troll or someone who is not well versed in life overall.