Shipping Typo Mistake (Now what to do)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Straight to the Story
I bought some feeders on this boards from a reputable seller based on the many good reviews this person has. Well the problem is that the seller is not really active on the boards. So when I gave the location of the address (typed correctly just to be sure) and things, it was shipped . I didn't notice the type error on the "county", that either the seller or the post office made until the location was identified today, but everything else was right. The tracking on the county stated "Stanley" and not "Stanly" where the package was supposed to be sent on the tracking. So this "e" typo that the seller or post office made caused the package to be sent to another part of my state instead of the part where I live. I didn't notice this because the tracking was not updated until this morning. I sent a message today to the seller even though he isn't active right now, and went straight to the post office to try and do something, which is ironically a block away. I contacted the main manager who was working and he is a cool guy, he stated "the person who sent the package needs to do a package intercept to re-deliver to the right address before it is delivered". Well I sent a message to the seller on this boards, even though he isn't online at the moment. But then it gets worst, the tracking said it was delivered.... So now some random person has my package of feeders. And i'm not even certain if it can be intercepted now. So now what??? I did everything in my power to try and do something, and I gave the right address and everything. So this "e" typo caused by either the seller or post office is making me worried.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Don't trust too much the tracking. Once I was waiting for some hardware crap, and at late afternoon the tracking said 'delivered' (including the hour of delivery). Arrived the day after.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Don't trust too much the tracking. Once I was waiting for some hardware crap, and at late afternoon the tracking said 'delivered' (including the hour of delivery). Arrived the day after.
to your address or to someone else's??? because mines is sent to some random persons home.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
to your address or to someone else's??? because mines is sent to some random persons home.
I don't understand this. There is a second county nearby that is pronounced the same but is spelled differently? Surely they would use different ZIP codes?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I don't understand this. There is a second county nearby that is pronounced the same but is spelled differently? Surely they would use different ZIP codes?
That's the thing I don't understand, the ZIP code is on package, but the package still got sent over there. Me and the post office main manager was like, "What idiot dropped it there??". Yep, they had one job :dead:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Please tell me it was roaches. i would love to see the look on dome random persons face when they open a mystery box or roaches. LOL.

Sorry i don't have anything helpful to add.

cold blood

Staff member
Here's my question...I have shipped and had shipped many, many packages...never once has the county EVER come up....I mean, there isn't even a place to put this on any shipping label I have ever seen. County is not relevant to any shipping I have ever seen for any shipping company for any product...you need an address and zip code...that's it....I am so confused by this conundrum.

On top of that, you are saying there are two Stanley counties with different spellings, in the same zip code, that both have the same address within them?...sounds seriously impossible.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Here's my question...I have shipped and had shipped many, many packages...never once has the county EVER come up....I mean, there isn't even a place to put this on any shipping label I have ever seen. County is not relevant to any shipping I have ever seen for any shipping company for any product...you need an address and zip code...that's it....I am so confused by this conundrum.

On top of that, you are saying there are two Stanley counties with different spellings, in the same zip code, that both have the same address within them?...sounds seriously impossible.
different ZIP codes, but similar spelling and exact pronunciation. Some address's are very similar to my address based on google maps of this other "Stanley" not mine location. The post office must be lazy for not checking on the ZIP. This is a first for me to see how they are dumb for not checking the ZIP code.

Please tell me it was roaches. i would love to see the look on dome random persons face when they open a mystery box or roaches. LOL.

Sorry i don't have anything helpful to add.
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out LOL :troll::troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
different ZIP codes, but similar spelling and exact pronunciation. Some address's are very similar to my address based on google maps of this other "Stanley" not mine location. The post office must be lazy for not checking on the ZIP. This is a first for me to see how they are dumb for not checking the ZIP code.
Ok, but what the heck does the county even matter and why was it on the address or label in the first place?? Its not a relevant piece of info for shipping.

The zip is the primary thing they should be checking.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Ok, but what the heck does the county even matter and why was it on the address or label in the first place?? Its not a relevant piece of info for shipping.
I normally use my county on ordering stuff online, because it became a normal thing after buying expensive stuff from japan (Other hobby). Which the county is required since it is ordering from another country, so its not like I can't help it. But rather it has become a normal thing for me. Yea, you can facepalm for that.

cold blood

Staff member
But where is there even a place on a shipping label to put it? I wouldn't even know how to use the county on a label.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I normally use my county on ordering stuff online, because it became a normal thing after buying expensive stuff from japan (Other hobby). Which the county is required since it is from another country, so its not like I can't help it. But rather it has become a normal thing for me. Yea, you can facepalm for that.
But where is there even a place on a shipping label to put it? I wouldn't even know how to use the county on a label.
It's complicated to explain, not gonna lie. My other hobby is expensive (way more than T.'s) and I really don't want to classify my personal life. And TBH I don't even understand why it is needed sometimes. But I never questioned it. But yea not gonna lie, I feel stupid for that. Yea, facepalm on myself.

cold blood

Staff member
It's complicated to explain, not gonna lie. My other hobby is expensive (way more than T.'s) and I really don't want to classify my personal life. And TBH I don't even understand why it is needed sometimes. But I never questioned it. But yea not gonna lie, I feel stupid for that. Yea, facepalm on myself.
Nah, this clearly isn't your fault, its not something that should effect shipping either way to be honest...I just couldn't wrap my head around why county would even apply.

IMO this issue lies squarely on the shoulders of the PO. They need to be able to recognize these things, especially considering they know there are two similar counties....there should be no way the same address numbers exist in each county that are at the same street name as well. If that's the case, its your whole state's fault for not understanding how addresses work...lol.

I have had and (once) sent packages with minor errors (usually worse than this) and have never had any issue with delivery.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The tracking said 'delivered', obviously to my address, but the parcel was still on the courier truck. Arrived the day after, almost at evening. But oh well, here couriers are cheap as hell.

Never happened to me, anyway, that a parcel arrived at some pure random persons house, postal codes here in Italy (I think ZIP, in the U.S?) are taken damn serious because they are essential for that, so a parcel for me can't arrive (for instance) at some random fella living in Sicilia island - aside for the detail that also the name/surname/street etc should match, and I don't have doppelgangers :pompous:

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
Maybe try and track it down, if it's close to you, go to their house? Might be weird at first but I'm sure they'd understand.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can’t find Stanley county in North Carolina. Only in South Dakota. So your feeders might be significantly farther away than you thought

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
So weird. Crazy that adding one peice of unnessecary info would cause the postal service to ignore the address, city, and zip. Hope your able to solve it, good luck.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Always count on human error, especially from the post office. My last shipment of T's was specified to be held for pickup, as I work nights and wasn't sure if I'd be awake for the package to be delivered. But, just in case, I left a note on my front door that said, "USPS please knock on window." Guess who knocked on my window right as I was falling asleep ;) On top of that, I had paid extra for signature delivery. When I opened the door, there was a box on my porch and a postal employee driving away :rolleyes:

I don't have doppelgangers :pompous:
That's a rather bold statement, my friend :pompous:

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
Always count on human error, especially from the post office. My last shipment of T's was specified to be held for pickup, as I work nights and wasn't sure if I'd be awake for the package to be delivered. But, just in case, I left a note on my front door that said, "USPS please knock on window." Guess who knocked on my window right as I was falling asleep ;) On top of that, I had paid extra for signature delivery. When I opened the door, there was a box on my porch and a postal employee driving away :rolleyes:
Had something similar happen with my very first and second T orders. The first one, I was watching and waiting for the courier because the package was signature delivery on first attempt or it voids LAG, and they never showed up at my door, just marked it as "failed delivery" on tracking. I had to go to the post office and throw a fit for them to contact their courier to turn around and bring my package to me that day because they were just going to "attempt delivery" again the next day.

Two weeks later, my next T order was specifically marked "hold for pickup" to avoid the same issue, and guess what wasn't at the PO, but in the courier's truck out for delivery...

I now have to watch like a hawk for any of my packages because they don't pay attention to what the package says, and they don't attempt to deliver to the door at all anymore, even for signature deliveries, since our apartment complex installed new mail boxes with large doors for packages. They just put them in that hot metal box and call it good. :shifty:

Last edited:

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're not into any of the kinky Japanese sex stuff are you? I hear that can be expensive. I mean because just looking at your avatar...you know...just sayin.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hopefully I put in enough big grins so you know I am joking.

Just a few anecdotes on shipping. I had a package of baby collared lizards end up in South Dakota because of a zip code error (not sure whose but I'm guessing the seller :angelic: ) They arrived on a Friday night and when an employee came in on Sunday she noticed them and the "Live Harmless Reptiles" written on the box so she opened the box, gave them a few drops of water and carefully sealed them back up. I got them the following Tuesday alive and well.

A friend of mine got a postcard from Europe (Italy I think) that was simply addressed

Guido
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Guido is his nickname and appears nowhere on his address. Apparently the Lake Geneva Wisconsin was enough to get it there and someone at the PO knew him. I'm not sure how long it took but I saw the postcard so I know he wasn't full of crap.