Shipping: Priority 3-Day vs Overnight/Express

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Ive used USPS and fedex for Ts and reptiles. If I can spare the extra for overnight shipping, I do. With tarantulas, 2-3 day shouldn't be an issue if the seller packs and insulates the package properly.

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
Ive used USPS and fedex for Ts and reptiles. If I can spare the extra for overnight shipping, I do. With tarantulas, 2-3 day shouldn't be an issue if the seller packs and insulates the package properly.
There's enough evidence on this site to say that ten days is fine. We're wasting way too much on shipping charges here in the US.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
There's enough evidence on this site to say that ten days is fine. We're wasting way too much on shipping charges here in the US.
IKR. Even people ride or sails first class, which is the cheapest option in USPS. :troll:

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
What are you thoughts about these shipping methods? Have you tried both? What are you experiences?

I am very much familiar with these two shipping methods, have received and shipped countless packages (not live inverts) not just from domestic destinations, but also international, from as far away as Australia, or France.

My experience with Priority is positive. If the sender or the recipient is in the same state as me, the package always gets delivered the next day, rarely the following (2 days after it was sent).

Also it's fall now. It's the perfect time to send and receive T's, not too cold, not too hot.
I ordered a few tarantula slings and the shipping method used was Fed-ex overnight Priority...they were shipped out yesterday and I'm still waiting for an update on tracking. This is my first time ever buying inverts online, and it's making me incredibly nervous right now. The late morning delivery time is pretty much thrown out the window so I am hoping my package of slings doesn't get lost in transit or I end up with a DOA.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I ordered a few tarantula slings and the shipping method used was Fed-ex overnight Priority...they were shipped out yesterday and I'm still waiting for an update on tracking. This is my first time ever buying inverts online, and it's making me incredibly nervous right now. The late morning delivery time is pretty much thrown out the window so I am hoping my package of slings doesn't get lost in transit or I end up with a DOA.

How is Fed-Ex overnight also priority? Isn't it supposed to be Express?

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I'll actually try getting one and have it shipped via Priority mail. Ill make it easy for the seller by voiding lag. I hope he/she doesn't send me a random spider that is dead already :troll:
You just have to try things out.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ordered Priority instead of Overnight since I figured it would only take 1 day (maybe 2 days) from Northern California to Southern California. With all the fires and delays up north, it's going to be a 3 day delivery (ordered Wednesday, expected Saturday). It's a P. metallica so I'm nervous (seller is not responsible for carrier delays). I try to avoid having Ts shipped now and aim for something local.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I ordered Priority instead of Overnight since I figured it would only take 1 day (maybe 2 days) from Northern California to Southern California. With all the fires and delays up north, it's going to be a 3 day delivery (ordered Wednesday, expected Saturday). It's a P. metallica so I'm nervous (seller is not responsible for carrier delays). I try to avoid having Ts shipped now and aim for something local.

Should arrive asap! Usually I get it the following day assuming the seller shipped morning.