Shipping. (Not a question of legalities)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
From what ive read, there are cold packs that basically work with the same purpose (keeping Ts at a safe temperature) as heat packs. In theory, that could help. For a little while, anyways.
Yeah, but remember:

1) We are talking about pure finest crazy weather states like Arizona, Texas etc states where I'd love, in pure spaghetti-western mode, to imagine a coyote skull with a dead human body nearby eaten by a vulture 24/7

2) During a normal 'cold' weather spiders mostly could arrive sluggish, 'hot' spiders cooked, on the other hand :-s

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
ive used one day shipping once out of all the orders ive ever made. def not needed 100% of the time.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Shipping prices in the US are mental lol
At first sight, my man: U.S.A prices seems crazy like Jack Nicholson in 'Shining' to us, true... but reason is that Americans are rich as hell so they aren't bothered at all, FED would continue to make all the brand new bucks they need, if needed :)

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
At first sight, my man: U.S.A prices seems crazy like Jack Nicholson in 'Shining' to us, true... but reason is that Americans are rich as hell so they aren't bothered at all, FED would continue to make all the brand new bucks they need, if needed :)
Did you just accuse me of being rich? I wish someone would have told me that sooner, I'd have a car that isn't trying to kill me! :astonished:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Did you just accuse me of being rich? I wish someone would have told me that sooner, I'd have a car that isn't trying to kill me! :astonished:
Every American is incredibly rich, unlike we, Italians, that are 'of poor' :( so please continue to support our economy buying our products like Nutella (I've heard it's big in the U.S) so we can eat :kiss:

:troll:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Every American is incredibly rich, unlike we, Italians, that are 'of poor' :( so please continue to support our economy buying our products like Nutella (I've heard it's big in the U.S) so we can eat :kiss:

:troll:
Nutella is some seriously nasty, seriously unhealthy stuff. And way too expensive.

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
Is the disagree rating suggesting a tarantula would survive multiple days in the back of a truck in 100-115F heat?
If that is a possibility, let me know.
@campj @cold blood

Sorry, just wondering what the disagrees are for.
Like I said, if that is a possibility, I would love to know so I can stop wasting my money on the $45 overnight in over 100 degree weather.
If the disagrees are for something else, I would also like to know what is wrong.

cold blood

Staff member
Dang! That's a great price.
Although if any spiders were to arrive five days (2-5) more than what I'd expect, they would not arrive alive in my area. Especially with the weather we get after April over here. (USA, AZ)
Spring is about the most ideal time to ship to your area. If you replaced April with August, I would agree.

cold blood

Staff member
Is the disagree rating suggesting a tarantula would survive multiple days in the back of a truck in 100-115F heat?
If that is a possibility, let me know.
The t would never spend multiple days in the back of any truck...that's not how shipping works....it would be spending multiple days in a holding facility...which would be completely survivable. Delayed packages typically aren't left in the truck or even outside.

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
Spring is about the most ideal time to ship to your area. If you replaced April with August, I would agree.
Yes, spring is great. But after April, (even occasionally during) the temperature easily reaches 100 or over. Even next Monday (May 1st) the forecast is 97F and that's just outside, I'm not sure a tarantula would do well being inside a cargo truck acting like a greenhouse for a few days in that heat. I had a tarantula arrive with overnight cooked a few weeks ago.

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
The t would never spend multiple days in the back of any truck...that's not how shipping works....it would be spending multiple days in a holding facility...which would be completely survivable. Delayed packages typically aren't left in the truck or even outside.
If that is the case, then I'm sure it wouldn't be as big a deal. I'm just going off of what I see in the shipping trackers they send, and even with overnight, they are in the truck for several hours, which is why I drove to Phoenix to pick up my tarantulas, so they would get off the plane and go straight to the first facility.

cold blood

Staff member
Yes, spring is great. But after April, (even occasionally during) the temperature easily reaches 100 or over. Even next Monday (May 1st) the forecast is 97F and that's just outside, I'm not sure a tarantula would do well being inside a cargo truck acting like a greenhouse for a few days in that heat. I had a tarantula arrive with overnight cooked a few weeks ago.
And in spring, you have nice cool nights.;)

And again, NO t will be spending multiple days in the hot truck.

I do understand your heat concerns, they're valid, but summer is by far your most dangerous time to ship in general. Picking them up at a holding facility is the most ideal situation.