She's warming up.....

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
....and getting ready to molt. My irminia, Teera, is pre-molt (first in my care) and I am stoked. (I am hoping she will have her Nike swooshes, right now she still has leg warmers.) Over the last few weeks, I have noticed she has developed an affection for the lamp on the dresser. Whenever it is on, she is practically glued to that side of her KK. So, I have been leaving it on during the day. She is up above it, on the small mirror shelf of the dresser. I can't feel any difference of temp with my hand, but hey...if it makes her happy....

The bottom of her abdomen has slooooowly been getting darker, but when I fed the kids today, I noticed it is almost black. Had trouble telling where her booklungs are, she's that dark! She also hasnt' eaten for two weeks now.

I seriously need my camera back from the IL's!!!!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Today was the day! She did it while I was at work. I came home to find the main burrow entrance blocked by exuvuim. Shined a light real quick in the secondary entrance, and could see her upright behind the molt.

Here's hoping for swooshes.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was able to retrieve the molt yesterday.

Today, she is warming herself by the lamp again. She's soooo pretty, and YES, we have swooshes!!!!:D:D And, although I can't get a total measurement on her, I can tell you that L1 measures 1.5", in and of itself!! I held the ruler up to the tank. :p She was 1.75" before, so my guess-timate off that L1 length is going to be 3.25-3.5" now. Whoo-hoo!

I'm a little stoked, can you tell?