She's not eating

Pink toe breeder

Arachnopeon
So I have had a Grammostola rosea since she was a sling its been about 4 years now and she has gotten really big and she has always been a good eater roaches cricket super worms even pinkey like she was a beast when it came to eating but about two months ago and she just stopped eating completely and moves around alot more.. Any answers as to why?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So I have had a Grammostola rosea since she was a sling its been about 4 years now and she has gotten really big and she has always been a good eater roaches cricket super worms even pinkey like she was a beast when it came to eating but about two months ago and she just stopped eating completely and moves around alot more.. Any answers as to why?
When is the last time she molted? She could be going into pre-molt.

Or she could just be on a rosea fast. (They do that sometimes, especially if you have been feeding them too much.)

As long as the tarantula looks healthy, and you keep a water dish in there, it's nothing to worry about.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This species is notorious for "fasting". Just make sure you have a water bowl in there, w/out it your T will suffer and may die. I have a AF B. albo not eat for over 18 months, but she still drank water periodically. She had a FAT abdomen thus no eating.

Are you certain the specimen is a female? Molt-confirmed the gender? Males start wondering around a lot upon maturity, and definitely eat and drink less.

Pink toe breeder

Arachnopeon
This species is notorious for "fasting". Just make sure you have a water bowl in there, w/out it your T will suffer and may die. I have a AF B. albo not eat for over 18 months, but she still drank water periodically. She had a FAT abdomen thus no eating.

Are you certain the specimen is a female? Molt-confirmed the gender? Males start wondering around a lot upon maturity, and definitely eat and drink less.
When is the last time she molted? She could be going into pre-molt.

Or she could just be on a rosea fast. (They do that sometimes, especially if you have been feeding them too much.)

As long as the tarantula looks healthy, and you keep a water dish in there, it's nothing to worry about.
She hasn't molted for a while it's been like how to say about 3-6 months molt since her last month but she still looks okay still nice and I'm 110% positive that it's a female because I gotta egg sac out of her

cold blood

Staff member
Got really big in 4 years? Been a while since the last molt...6 months?

Suspicipus. How big is the specimen?