Shelving for you tarantula room?

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I want to go with this style, but I'm unsure of the load weight. I thought I saw somewhere is was 500lbs. Does anyone know if that is total for all the shelves, or just 1 shelf? For 1 shelf that is awesome! For the entire unit I don't think it would work.

Mods, sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. There really isn't a section for Tarantula rooms (hint hint). Didn't think this would fall under vivariums either. jgghthj.PNG

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I want to go with this style, but I'm unsure of the load weight. I thought I saw somewhere is was 500lbs. Does anyone know if that is total for all the shelves, or just 1 shelf? For 1 shelf that is awesome! For the entire unit I don't think it would work.

Mods, sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. There really isn't a section for Tarantula rooms (hint hint). Didn't think this would fall under vivariums either. View attachment 276027
Does it say "500lbs of combined weight"? if so, I bet it's the total for all the shelves. I'd suggest looking at shelves intended for use in a garage, they'll probably be able to take more weight than something designed for a closet. And obviously, mount the tracks into studs.

Personally, I like a good old freestanding book shelf. If it's designed to be loaded up with books, it'll be fine with enclosures. Also, you can move it much more easily.

I do like the look of wall mounted shelves though. Let us know what you land on!

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Does it say "500lbs of combined weight"? if so, I bet it's the total for all the shelves. I'd suggest looking at shelves intended for use in a garage, they'll probably be able to take more weight than something designed for a closet. And obviously, mount the tracks into studs.

Personally, I like a good old freestanding book shelf. If it's designed to be loaded up with books, it'll be fine with enclosures. Also, you can move it much more easily.

I do like the look of wall mounted shelves though. Let us know what you land on!
I read on Homedepot that Rubbermaid says they will hold 100lbs per sq foot. I think that should be more then enough. I'll definitely mount a bracket on each stud to make sure it holds.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Mods, sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. There really isn't a section for Tarantula rooms (hint hint). Didn't think this would fall under vivariums either. View attachment 276027

All I see is a picture of shelves, I can't read your mind...No brand, no catalog numbers............:rolleyes:o_O

They look like the shelves I had as a kid.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Get the heavy duty brackets, drill and hang into your studs, add shelving.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Get the heavy duty brackets, drill and hang into your studs, add shelving.
I finished painting the room yesterday and have hung 5 brackets so far. Hopyi can get some lumber this weekend and get that painted. I thiykts going to work and look great! I'll post pictures when finished.