She molted in her hiding spot!

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G.rosea last molted nov 21 2006, and just yesterday (mar 09 2009), except this time she did the whole thing while under log tunnel hide!
The last time, she did it beside the "back entrance" to her hide, out in the open.

I waited for her to right herself, then carefully fished out the molt before it got all dried up /mangled. She is still under there, doing her post-molt stretches.
I thought she was up to something when about a month ago, she was excavating large amounts of substrate from under there, practically digging a basement down there! Then she screened off one end of the hide and camped out in her bunker for the last 2 weeks before the molt.

I was a little worried that she might have problems molting in a confined space, (but she was fine) and I removed the old skin mainly because I wanted to save it reasonably intact, she probably would have stuffed it against the wall if I had just left it there.

Snuggles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on a successful molt!

My oldest G. rosea molts in her hide most of the time. Maybe they feel more secure there.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She comes out now to bask and stretch out under the fake plant, where a red light gives some heat on that side of the cage. She'll lean against the warmer wall for hours, occasionally turning to place other body parts near the heat source.

She basks for hours, then goes back in the hide (on the "cool" side of the cage) and does more stretching under there.

When she walks, it seems like she is trying to recalibrate every moving part, she walks a little jerky, like a hydraulic machine with the timing slightly off, though each day she seems to get better (learning to operate the new legs)

Today, she sprawled out like a pokie (Ive seen her do that before) but what she did after that was pretty funny...
She stood up rather high on her legs, and began waving her abdomen almost straight up/down, about 3 times or more, then did her "machine walk" off to her hide. It reminded me of those lowrider cars with the "dancing" suspension {D

It's like she's doing a "function test" mode on every part of her, yesterday it was her spinnerets waving all around like she was conducting a music performance!

Shortly after the molt, it was her front legs doing a grooming motion, but it was rather fast, like she was testing for speed, if she did it any faster it would have looked like she was drumming.

What funny motions have your T's done shortly after a molt?