She is a 'He'

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G. Rosea RCF who is so so beautiful-
molted 2 days ago into a beautiful metallic shiny penny color..
and just last night as I was doing the rounds before going to bed I notice his palps are kinda chunky there..
I take a closer look and not only notice they're club-like but also his
pokie-like stance during post-molt definitely accentuated hooks!
I was kinda attached to this lil guy and he's not even that big.
This so caught me by surprise!

I need some consolation... :(
Now I basically have to give him up or prepare for what I know are his last days .........

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dont get too caught up in the moment now. I am pretty sure I've read about MM rosea's who lived around 2 years after their ultimate molt. Granted, he won't live as long as if he were a female, but he's got some good time left in him :)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm very sorry!!!! *big hug* However, you won't loose him immediately. It isn't unusual at all for male rosies to live up to 3 years after their ultimate moult. That is much better than the usual 6 to 8 months. I know that doesn't help much, but hopefully it will a little.
Try to find someone to breed him for you and have him sent back to you after the mating.
I do understand how you feel, 2 of my very first Ts, turned out to be male and neither one managed to mate successfully.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Don't you just love surprises? It is very disappointing but a freshly molted male often is as beautiful as any spider. Too bad they don't live longer.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad you found him a "love connection". :clap: My Son's RCF did the same thing last Summer and we were pretty sure it was female...wrong!

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's another thing that made me smack my forehead... I was almost sure!!! ughhh...

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awww, sorry to hear that!!! It really stinks considering you sounded very excited for him to have been a female :(

kalvaer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why do I, as a male of the human species... suddenly feel so inferiour to our female conterparts after reading about our T 'others'.

I hope my wife doesn't want throw me out when I reach "ultimate" (If I haven't already) for a younger model :D

bigdog999

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Kalvaer, just be glad you're human. At least you won't be a meal for your wife after mating.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not so sure about that.. My credit card limit seems to disappear rapidly after such situations

she spends your money after mating??

wait wait.. back to what we were discussing here...
LOL..
it looks like I may be able to enjoy some of my guy's children ....
on a lighter note .....
:)