she/he likes her/his LIZARD

jukahman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i decided to give my avic. sp. peru sling a treat. I gave her a live lizard for dinner last night. She/he loved it....:D :D :D

TFL...:) :) :)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lizards and frogs are meal of choice for large arboreal Ts, perhaps less for Avics, but it's definitely the vert meat most eaten in the wild. Personnal experience showed that it's way healthier than mice. I fed two similar Ts a pinkie for one, and a baby anolis the same weight for the other. The anolis one was hungry again a few days later, the pinkie one stayed bloated and inactive for three weeks.

Just remember that vertebrate are an occasionnal prey in the wild, and check the place that supplies your lizards to see if others specimens look healthy. Ts could get nematodes from infected cold blooded verts.

Good luck!!

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I fed my A. seemani an anole, and she loved it!

Ace_Man

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How much does everyone normally pay for anoles? The place where I get my stuff they are like $4. I think they are supposed to be pets though. I've never heard of any places selling feeder lizards.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont think any T loved anything. not even the small kats i feed my pokie.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lizards and frogs are meal of choice for large arboreal Ts, perhaps less for Avics
Have you seen the size on the adult Peru's? My female is almost 6" diagonal leg span and getting ready to molt.

It's probably a little much for a sling but these babies are no A. avics.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Interesting. I feed a Carlsbad Green a gecko now and then after I thought about them maybe grabbing a Tx banded gecko now and then.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spare the bandeds...use your Hemidactylus instead.

Tarantulaspiders.com sells feeder anoles(brown anoles). They are an invasive species in florida.

I know of a few photos of avics...presumably A. metallica with small treefrogs...see no reason why any avic above about 3 inches would not succeed in catching the occasional treefrog. Small lizards are a bit more unlikely, but possible.

jukahman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
btw how would you guess my T gets hungry again?it was quite a meal...:D :D

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Spare the bandeds...use your Hemidactylus instead.

That's exactly the substitute I used. It was only the idea of the banded geckos being out there that gave me the "gecko as food" idea. Yeah the banded geckos are too cool to use as food. They are like mini-fat-tailed geckos:cool: .

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
seems like that t is to small to even be feedin it a lizard.. how big is it, cant really tell with the distorted pik..