1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing some of my centipedes and millipedes

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by jayvee_austin, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Advertisement
    I'm truly loving this collection. I'll add more photos soon and try to take more photos over the weekend. And I'm looking forward to adding more to my collection. :) Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. part 2. Some files won't attach :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Part 3 for the day.

Attached Files:

4. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

Nice collection...which 'pede is in the 1st picture from Part 2?

5. Those giant yellow pedes in the bottom of the last pic are awesome! I want those millipedes! Do you happen to have any of the blue millipedes that occur on Negros island?

6. Hi there zonbonzovi, I was told it could possibly be a Cryptops melanotypus however it's size seems to be too big for it's species.

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 11:00 AM ----------

Thanks :D They're actually breeding in their tank now. And i saw a few pedelings roaming. :D

I have a couple of blue ones now :D

7. dehaani

dehaani Arachnoknight Old Timer

Yeah, that was just a guess based on the general appearance. I'm fairly sure it's a Cryptops something-or-other though!

8. Alltheworld601

Alltheworld601 Arachnoangel

beautiful...I love the millipedes the most..I used to have one, years ago. He was wonderful and sweet. I didn't know at the time they came in so many colors, too!

9. RobynTRR

RobynTRR Arachnosquire

Great pics, thanks.

10. zonbonzovi

Doesn't Cryptops lack ocelli? I think it may be something else.

11. dehaani

dehaani Arachnoknight Old Timer

I think you're right! A mistake I would never had made 3 years ago, looks like I've forgotten so much!

12. Yeah I really hope I could get a proper ID for it.

13. zonbonzovi

14. Could you take a bunch of pictures of the blue ones and some of the yellow ones? We have very few pictures on the internet of those. Much appreciated!

15. Nice pede pics !
    I especially like the last one from part 2 and the last two from part (I like millipedes).