Sharing my success with you all :-)

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
C. versicolors. Beautiful, colorful and a must have T! I have spent hours and hours researching on the species, including general care information and the probably the biggest problem for the species: humidity.

I am currently raising 7 versicolors which I purchased at 1/4-1/2". They are only 1" so far, but I thought of sharing this idea because it has alleviated so much stress and anxiety for me. :)

I started my slings in this small AMAC box. I drilled several holes (26 total) that are 1/32" in diameter. Inside, I glued cork bark with sphagnum moss, substrate, and a bottle cap. Having several holes drilled allows for excellent ventilation. The bottle cap is always full and is replaced when contaminated with waste.
IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1407.JPG

In one or two more molts, I plan to transfer my babies into a similar enclosure.
IMG_1408.JPG

These enclosures are so cheap and easy to make. They are absolutely priceless! Perfect for my versicolor babies and I plan to design one for my terrestrials and fossorials. Hope you guys find the idea helpful! :)

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Those look great! Honestly, the one in the pictures looks big enough for the bigger enclosure already! Thanks for sharing :)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
been using inverted Amac boxes for my Avics for some time now just love them.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Hate to break it to you, but ehhm...that is not a new concept or idea at all..not sure what 'succes' you are referring to. I thought you had succes in breeding or something....:meh:

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
Hate to break it to you, but ehhm...that is not a new concept or idea at all..not sure what 'succes' you are referring to. I thought you had succes in breeding or something....:meh:
No offense taken! I believe we all should express our love of the hobby. In my way of expression, I shared an enclosure design. I wanted to share something that I think may be helpful. Personally, I love seeing showcases of enclosures because it fascinates me! I'm always looking to improve.

I'm not saying other enclosures are bad and that this is the perfect one. I'm simply sharing what works for me, and I hope that others find this useful. :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
not sure what 'succes' you are referring to.
I took it as the OP being a relatively new keeper having success raising 7 slings of a "fragile genus" out of that more fragile sling stage that alot of newer keepers kill in the first few weeks.. Lol

Everyone is allways saying Avics ( I'm genralizing here BTW and I also know that it's no longer Avicularia) are bad Ts for newer keepers and we have a newer keeper doing things right and proving that it's not the species but general common sence in care that decides whether this species thrives or dies..

That's where I saw the success aspect come into play..

But yea amac boxes have been around for ever. I still prefer deli cups untill the 3 inch range but nothing wrong with Amac enclosures..

Trenor

Arachnoprince
C. versicolors. Beautiful, colorful and a must have T! I have spent hours and hours researching on the species, including general care information and the probably the biggest problem for the species: humidity.

I am currently raising 7 versicolors which I purchased at 1/4-1/2". They are only 1" so far, but I thought of sharing this idea because it has alleviated so much stress and anxiety for me. :)

I started my slings in this small AMAC box. I drilled several holes (26 total) that are 1/32" in diameter. Inside, I glued cork bark with sphagnum moss, substrate, and a bottle cap. Having several holes drilled allows for excellent ventilation. The bottle cap is always full and is replaced when contaminated with waste.
View attachment 246515 View attachment 246518 View attachment 246520

In one or two more molts, I plan to transfer my babies into a similar enclosure.
View attachment 246521

These enclosures are so cheap and easy to make. They are absolutely priceless! Perfect for my versicolor babies and I plan to design one for my terrestrials and fossorials. Hope you guys find the idea helpful! :)
Cool, like other keepers on here, I have been using them for a while now. I'm glad you're having good luck. C.versi are great Ts to own.

Here is one of mine for an Avic.

After a few months.

Last edited: