Sexual dimorphism for c. bicolor

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello, I'd like to know if there's an easy-to-see sexual dimorphism for this ssp.? Is the elongated caudal segments rule fine with this subspecies?

Thanks, Frank

Last edited:

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are a good looking species I would love too get some of them.

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would assume that rule would work. I haven't heard of a Centruroides that did not follow that rule. Good luck acquiring this species.

W. Smith

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I know that that rule works for most of centruriodes, but for some species its harder to really see longer caudal segments.

Frank

Last edited:

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, if the are C. bicolor then you are in for a real treat. Babies, I don't believe than can be sexed very easily. I think the babies may be worth the try.

Another tip to sexing Centruroides: The Centruroides that I have dealt with the last section of the mesosoma will be thinner on males than females.

W. Smith

Last edited:

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are they hard to get in the hobby or is it just that nobody's interested in them? I never saw any on people's scorpions list.

Anyone know something about their venom?

Thanks, Frank

Last edited:

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never seen them on a dealers list. I would defenitly order some if i found them.

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never seen them available. I would love to acquire some. I don't think that they are considered to be a lethal species. I really don't know but a fair guess would be a 3. Remember: you should always be careful with any scorpion.

W. Smith

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are a few Centruroides no dealers seem too have thats why i posted a ad in for sale trade forum looking for them.:(

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I never seen any c. bicolor on dealers' pricelists too.

Frank

Last edited:

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nobody here has probably ever seen this species on any dealer lists because they are not exported from Central America to the US, unless done illegally or by mistake.

adios,
edw.

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, that's why we don't see any out there, thanks.

Frank