Sexing my scorp?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How large is it? That will help figure out gender and potentially age. Where did you get it from?

Amanda Stephens

Arachnopeon
How large is it? That will help figure out gender and potentially age. Where did you get it from?

It’s body is about two and a half inches, not sure if I’m supposed to measure the tail and claws with it. A friend had given me the scorpion, I believe it came from a pet shop. They couldn’t take care of it I guess.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I'm not very good with Hadogenes (flat rock species), but my guess is female based on the sizes of the metasoma (tail segments), and as far as age goes I can't say. It does resemble Hadogenes troglodytes however

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
This is the underside, not sure it that helps. Heard the comb looking pieces are a sure way to tell
Yes, those are the pectines and a male has more of them than the female. I was able to count 17-18 on one side so I'm still leaning female. Though I know @callum b is pretty good with Hadogenes and helped another person. Maybe they will come around and offer some more insight?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
From the tail segments I'd guess female as well, but I can never remember when they start to elongate like you'd see in males. I agree with CWilson1351's pectine count too.

Amanda Stephens

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I haven’t had one of these before, in fact I’ve only had a bark. But I love these fascinating creatures :)