Sexing Emperor Scorpion/Does she look healthy?

Is she a female or male?

• Still female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actually A Male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Emperor Scorpion

Arachnopeon
When I bought Touka I was told she is a female from my local reptile/amphibian/invertebrate pet store.
20181008_022621.jpg 20181008_011610.jpg
I can't really tell if she is a female. Her vibration feelers look big to me kind of.
20180929_120050.jpg 20181007_200852.jpg
Does she look healthy? Im still a new scorpion owner for 2 months now. I don't know in detail, all of the specifics of her health feeding wise.
Screenshot_20181008-023421.jpg
Does she need calcium supplemented like lizards are. Should I dust her food in calcium dust or is that pointless since she just drinks them.

Is it alright if I leave dubias in her enclosure overnight??
if she doesnt eat them right away so she can hunt them and eat without being stressed. They usually dont bother her and she seems unfathom, I tend to remove them but trying to remove them tends to stress Touka out even more. Would it be best to leave them in there and hope for the best?

Screenshot_20181008-023317.jpg
She looks a bit skinnier than usual and I believe she is full grown so no molt coming anytime soon unless shes only a subadult since shes about 5 inches long and not 8
20181007_201026.jpg
I rarely hold her and have only held her 5-6 times and only when necessary.

I dont think anything's stressing her only when I try to feed her she will get frustrated with meal worms and or spooked by me opening one of her doors that she refuses to eat.

Feeders info -
I feed her a variety, well i did for the first month. First week with horn worms, 2 weeks later a pinkie mouse. Her staple diet is dubias and mealworms. I gutload the mealworms with potatoes and carrots and flukers green jell. For the dubias I gutload them with a mix of carrots potatoes flukers oranges, peaches, apples sometimes bread.

Last edited: