Sexing B. dubia?

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to be getting a shipment next week of 100 B. dubia, and I was wondering if anyone had advice on sexing them? I've been doing searches left and right, and I haven't come up with anything :8o I have 4 arboreals, and I'm a little concerned about accidentally throwing in a pregnant female B. dubia (Yes, I am a newbie with roaches. It's officially obvious!) Any advice about sexing them would be much appreciated - or do I have to slightly maim any roaches I throw in with my arboreals? Thanks!

-Sarah

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No problem! When I'm looking for an answer I wish to have it quick, so why not return the favor. :)

Have fun with your roaches!

Oh, I totally understand that! Being helpful is what makes Arachnoboards so great :D I might try to jumpstart the colony a bit by getting them to start breeding before I do any feeding. If I get over-run with them too quickly... which wouldn't be a bad thing... I might just call around the local pet stores to see if they want to buy any. I'm just happy I won't have to buy anymore crickets! Thanks again!

-Sarah

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now Sarah, all ya would have needed to do was ask me. ;P They are going out today. Let me know how ya like them!!

~Samuel