1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sexing a pink zebra

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by yz125racr10, Jul 12, 2003.

1. yz125racr10

yz125racr10 Arachnopeon

pa
    Advertisement
    So I don't have to read through pages of sexing the T's, can anyone tell me a straight to the point way of sexing a Pink Zebra at 2".

2. jezzy607

jezzy607 Arachnobaron Old Timer

I think to benefit yourself, you should do the reading, and look at some pictures. Once you are able to do it yourself, it really is not that difficult.

3. MrT

MrT Arachnoking Old Timer

It's not that difficult once you know what your looking for, I agree.
    Its getting to that point which is difficult for most people.
    So, as jezzy607 said, its worth your time investment to read and look at the pictures. Rick West's site has good info.. So does Golden Phoenix Exotica.;)

Ernie

4. Buspirone

Buspirone Arachnoprince Old Timer

There is no straight to the point way of sexing a Tarantula that small or an adult for that matter. You can sex via a fresh molt if you know what to look for and where to look or you can use the method that checks for epigandrious fusillia(sp?) near the epigastric furrow but with either method its going to require you to read, look at pictures and carefully observe your tarantula. Sorry but there aren't any short cuts in sexing. It takes some learning, some experience and a bit of effort on your part. Good luck and enjoy what your learning about and you'll figure it out. Once you do figure it out its pretty easy but still may require you to be patient till the T matures enough to tell. Nobody is 100% accurate at sexing so there is still room for error.

5. rosehaired1979

rosehaired1979 Arachnoking Old Timer

yeah wait till it grows more untill you can be 100%definate