Sex the P. metallica

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Well do you have a male of the same size to compare it to?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your saying based on carapace that her's is a male well then I guess this guys has his male all wrong then right http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=749094&postcount=1146 cause your photo of your female looks no different. now the folio's are diff is that what your trying to say?
no i was showing a females carapace and how distinctive along with the folio's and abdomen stripe..differ from males at the same size...and where do you get this, hers is a male thing???? we werent talking about either of hers.......

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no i was showing a females carapace and how distinctive along with the folio's and abdomen stripe..differ from males at the same size...and where do you get this, hers is a male thing???? we werent talking about either of hers.......
no need to get an attitude. I am just going off your post #17 seems as your implying to that her is male. That all

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nones getting an attitude, no where did i imply any of hers were male or female. this was in ref to color ques started by ryan...soo if you would of read the thread in full(which many fail to do) you would of seen that and not wasted your post....

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nones getting an attitude, no where did i imply any of hers were male or female. this was in ref to color ques started by ryan...soo if you would of read the thread in full(which many fail to do) you would of seen that and not wasted your post....
whatever not going to argue with you about it. must have just misinterpreted.

cheers

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sick4x4, are you sure that girl was only 3.75"?
I swear, the females i have did not get their full stripes until they reached atleast 4.5-5". And, as immatures, the male was always alot bluer.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sick4x4, are you sure that girl was only 3.75"?
I swear, the females i have did not get their full stripes until they reached atleast 4.5-5". And, as immatures, the male was always alot bluer.
she might be alittle bit bigger...i was going off molt records i had for that particular one...4.25" would be the biggest she would be....

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Spider #1 moulted yesterday and it is indeed a female, now I just hope that #2 is a male! I'll post some pics of her once she hardens up.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, the second one moulted last night and no sign of bulbs. I got the moult out this afternoon and it would seem I have TWO females! Oh well.
Thats is even better, u can get a male from me-e {D