1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex me please...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Mike H., May 23, 2004.

1. Advertisement
    Greetings all this a molt from my A. geniculata as far as I could tell from the last couple of molts I thought she was a she...now as for this molt I am starting to wonder....could someone please tell me if it is male or female...

Thanks Mike... :?

2. Here is the pic...

3. Another view...

4. Sorry here is the pic...

5. Jakob

Jakob Arachnoprince Old Timer

Unless you can get a closer view of the spot between the first pair of booklungs, I'd say an underside picture of the actual specimen would be better.

Later,

Jake

6. Is this any better ??

Regards, Mike

7. oogieboogie

oogieboogie Arachnoknight Old Timer

No, thats the same picture you just posted, but cropped.

8. Sorry i tried to get the picture to zoom in a bit... :confused:

Regards, Mike :8o

9. MizM

MizM Arachnoprincess Old Timer

Flatten this part out and focus where the circle is.

10. sansoucie

sansoucie Arachnolord Old Timer

spritz it, don't soak it with some water and you should be able to flatten it out for a better picture.

11. My wife and had a look at gwrights site and there are some good sexing pics there and as far as we can tell she is a she !! whooo hooo !! she is pretty close to 5 inches or maybe a little bigger...I will be getting a digi cam in a few weeks so I will post some pics of her underside... :D

Regards, Mike :D

12. Immortal_sin

Immortal_sin Arachnotemptress Old Timer

if she is 5 inches, you should see a definate 'flap' between the first set of book lungs. It will be really obvious at that size. If there is no leaf like or flap like projection, then it's a boy!