1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setups *PICS*

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Tarantula Lover, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Tarantula Lover

Tarantula Lover Psalmopoeus Lover Old Timer

Advertisement
    I am not sure if i have the best setups for my t's, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1st: My Trinidad Chevron (Inside and Outside)
    Outside:
    [​IMG]
    Inside:
    [​IMG]

2nd: My B.smithi

[​IMG]

3rd: My 2 Curlies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bjorgly

Bjorgly Arachnodemon Old Timer

Get rid of the woodchips if that is what your using as substrate.

Mark

3. dennis

dennis Arachnodemon Old Timer

What's wrong with woodsnips? I use them too. I have a few inches pure peat, on top of that I have a small layer of 1/4" woodsnips, my gosea and boehmei both seem to like it.

Ðennis

4. MrT

MrT Arachnoking Old Timer

Is that aspen shavings? :? James?

Ernie

5. Tarantula Lover

It is called Lizard Litter, it has been working fine for me!

6. MrT

Then whats your question? :)

7. Tarantula Lover

What can I do to make my enclosure more creative!:)

8. MrT

Well, you might get some cork bark. You could lean a long piece in the T C's cage and hot glue a plastic plant or vine to it. Then cut some small pieces for your curly's to burrow under and the smithi to sit on. That would jazz it up a little.

Erine

9. pamandron

pamandron Arachnosquire Old Timer

James: You could add a little greenery to the trinidad's cage. Make sure it is something soft, so she doesn't hurt herself on it. We use a lot of greenery in our homes, and it really spruces things up. For the curlies you might want to put in a little burrow. We use pvc pipe. They like to burrow sometimes. I hope this helps, :) Pam

10. pamandron

pamandron Arachnosquire Old Timer

Ernie, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to take away from what you said. I should've read your reply better. Forgive me, Pam

11. MrT

It cool. We're thinking the same things.;)

Ernie

12. atavuss

atavuss Arachnoprince Old Timer

James, do you have a "Micheals" or other type craft shop in your area? if so, check them out for silk plants to add to your enclosures to "jazz" them up a bit if that is the way you want to go. the craft shops are cheaper than the silk plants that petco, petsmart, etc. sells.
    Ed

13. Tarantula Lover

Thanx

Wow guys! Thanks for all of the replies! I will make sure to take all suggestions into considerations and will let let you know the outcomes and pics! Thanks you very much!

James