Setup for Shy B. Albo

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
My kiddo's B. Albo just molted and I am considering either changing his setup or relocating him into a large Jamie's Tarantula enclosure. I think he is now about 4.5"—maybe bigger (he made some huge growth spurts the last two molts), and he is a super shy guy. His current setup is 7.25" x 12.75" x 9", and he spends most of his time underground. Luckily his burrow cleared out next to the wall so when I moved him to a cooler room, I made a privacy panel so we can check in on him.

After he hardens up enough to eat, should I relocate him to the bigger setup or could that stress him out?

Also, what can I do to change his enclosure to help him feel more secure to stay above ground?

I'm thinking he needs more "clutter" (plants, extra cork, etc...) to hide behind. The ones in his current setup are little. Will get pics up soon.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Until the pics are posted I can't say, individuals vary, so perhaps it may wish to burrow, most smaller specimens are on the shy/skittish side (mine just got out of this stage with last molt), so it is possible that with size habits will change.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anyone being plucked from their home gets stressed out. Also, if he's in his burrow a lot, a larger cage doesn't change much generally, more space to do nothing with.

No pics, no real help.