Setting up enclosures for A.geniculata and C.cyaneopubescens

lvc

Arachnopeon
Couldn´t decide between a A.geniculata or the GBB for my second T, so I put in an order for both and I´m currently waiting for them to get shipped. (Damn you cold weather! :rage:)
Thought I´d use the time to already play around with ideas for the enclosures for those lovely ladies and wanted to ask if you guys n gals could once again provide me with some feedback about the setups I came up with. :embarrassed:

First up is the enclosure for the 2,5" A.geniculata:

I chose a 27cm/10.6" x 17cm/6.7" x 18cm/7" (lenght/depth/height) critterkeeper, put in about 11cm/4,25" of substrate (50/50mix of cocofibre and JBL terrabasis), a hide, bit of spaghnum moss, some corkbarkpieces and fake leaves to fill up a bit of space. Only thing that I still need to put in is a small waterdish. (Got to find a small one that fits the enclosure).
My plan was to house her in there until she gets a bit bigger and I can move her into her adult enclosure, which will be a 16"x10"x10" (lxdxh) glass enclosure.

Next up is the enclosure for the 3" GBB:

This is the setup that I´m not really sure about yet. While researching the species, I often read that GBBs appreciate a bit more height than the usual nw terrestrial T and that they are good hunters/eaters that grow at a moderately quick rate as well.
So my plan was to fill up an adult enclosure with a lot of decor for the webbing and immideately house her in it.
Another point that I liked about giving her a bigger enclosure is that I can try to set it up in a way, where I won´t rip up a bunch of webbing when opening the enclosure for feeding or refilling the waterdish.

So onward to the setup itself - The enclosure is a 12"x12"x12" (30cm) glasscube that I filled with 50/50 mix of cocofibre and terrabasis as substrate, a big root as the "main"decor, a couple of corkbarkpieces and a big fake plant for extra anchoring points/hidingspots.
I read in a couple of threads that, it may be a good idea to not provide many anchoring points around the waterdish, to increase the chance of her not immideately webbing over it, so that´s what I tried to do as well.

My main question about this setup is about the decor: Considering her size (3"), should I add some more pieces to provide more anchoring points and fill up the enclosure some more? (Still got plenty of corkbarkpieces, twigs, etc)
Also when looking at the side of the enclosure, I feel like I should add some more substrate as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read through yet another "wall of text" from me. All feedback is greatly appreciated! :happy:
Cheers!

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
GBB will be fine, remember they live in xeric conditions.

Both setups are fine.

Would help if your posts were more concise, but at least you provide excellent pictures.

lvc

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the feedback!
I´ll try to keep it more to the point in the future. :embarrassed:

lvc

Arachnopeon
I´m moving into a new apartment in 3 months (a lot sooner than expected), so I made a quick change of plans and decided to house my GBB in a critterkeeper as well.
Reading up on some threads about moving a tarantula collection made a critterkeeper seem like a better choice than a glasstank. Some pictures of the setup included like always.
What do you guys n gals think?

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I´m moving into a new apartment in 3 months (a lot sooner than expected), so I made a quick change of plans and decided to house my GBB in a critterkeeper as well.
Reading up on some threads about moving a tarantula collection made a critterkeeper seem like a better choice than a glasstank. Some pictures of the setup included like always.
What do you guys n gals think?
That looks OK (assuming it's an appropriate size).