Setting up a Tarantula enclosure enclosure

Liam52

Arachnopeon
So I’m 1) pretty new to Tarantula keeping and 2) pretty doggone inventive.

I’ve really taken a liking to this hobby, and I want to branch out and get some more T’s (more spiders, more fun right?). But I’m also very set on keeping this organized and safe/secure. I have an old gun cabinet that I would like to convert into a Tarantula enclosure enclosure, ie. a cabinet in which I could keep all of the Tarantula enclosures. I plan to house most species in the standard issue Critter Keepers you find at pet stores (arboreal species will be set up accordingly in more appropriate enclosures). Now what I want to try to do is make the cabinet itself it’s own climate controlled case by installing some sort of ambient heat source that isn’t a fire hazard. I’d like to stay away from having to heat each enclosure individually, so I want something that I could set up that is both effective at keeping all the T’s in the 70-80° range. My space isn’t always the warmest, so that’s why I am a tad concerned. What do you think would be the best way to do this? The pic I’ve attached is a stock image, of course, but it is similar to the case I intend to convert by adding shelves to set enclosures on. What’s the most effective and fire-proof way to keep it warm?

Tangled

Arachnopeon
I use the 11 inch wide electical heat 'tape' from Big Apple pet supplies as well as a thermostat to regulate the temp. I put the thermostat temperature probe on the top shelf so taht I know they're not getting too hot. I have the 'tape' set up vertically along the back of the cabinet. I have 2 cabinets set up like this: one for roaches and one for scorpions. I also purchased a 60 ft heat cord intended for resting on your roof to melt ice for the same purpose that I intend to set up once I install a built-in shelving unit... The cord will run along the back/bottom of each shelf. It will have a thermostat as well.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
You do not really need to keep it warm. They survive perfectly fine at room temp. Unless your room dips into and below the 60s (Fahrenheit obviously) than you do not need to heat. If it does get that low, get a space heater. A good chance it will not malfunction and even if it does it will not do that much harm since it is not right up next to the tarantulas.
Edit: My device has a stroke.