• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Selenotypus .ssp

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was bitten by my selenotypus .ssp last night while removing mites from her she wriggled from my grip and dug her fangs into my left hand pointer finger and held them in for about 5 seconds then i sat my hand in her enclosure and she happily crawled off my hand .There was about 45 minutes of a burning type of pain in my finger and whole hand that was absolutely excrutiating and also some numbness pins and needles feelings and stiffness of my arm. At about the one hour mark it started to ease off to just a dull throb. I also had a really annoying pain up under my arm and felt kinda naucious for a while but that never got to bad. Its the next morning now and most of the effects are gone except for a bit of stiffnes in my arm shoulder and wrist and my hand is still swolen a bit especially the finger.
I know most people who own austraian tarantulas probably know that they should not be handled but im gunna say it again guys and gals unless ya wanna go through a bout of agony for a while dont touch these guys there aggressive as hell

Heres the finger in question when i woke up today and no that aint 2 sets of fang marks its this type of bruisey blood blister thing that came up over night

Last edited:

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Kyle,
Just to clarify, are any of the marks on your finger puncture wounds??? And if so, which ones??

Cool that you got a pic of your finger!!!

You don't mind if I forward this to Raven do you???

Thanks,
Steve

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep steve the marks inside these two circles are puncture wounds and yea thats no probs send it to doc raven ;)