Second T

gdansey

Arachnopeon
I just got my second T. I was going to get an OBT but I don't think I want to deal with slings yet. I got 3 1/2 inch G. rosea from Petco. I'll get together with the local breeder in the spring for my OBT, but I wanted a rosea to see just how quirky they really are. I'm getting a Canon S5 and will post some pictures when I get them.

Glenn

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats great ! I have two Rosea
I also have an OBT that I rareley ever see. Just thought you may want to know that before you get one.
Personally I like my Rosea better, both are quirky in there own way and can be handeled if I so desire.
If they were not so common they would be much more expensive than they are. We as keepers many times take them for granted and its a shame.

gdansey

Arachnopeon
Already fed on two crickets. It's bottom is a touch thin in my opinion. When I slid a ruler to coax the second cricket to the T, it gave me a threat display. ;P Also, both crickets initiated happy dances. This T is already more interesting than my B. albo (pet hole).

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Already fed on two crickets. It's bottom is a touch thin in my opinion. When I slid a ruler to coax the second cricket to the T, it gave me a threat display. ;P Also, both crickets initiated happy dances. This T is already more interesting than my B. albo (pet hole).
How big is your B. Albop.? If it is still small thats not unusual. I have a 4inch female and she is out most of the time.

gdansey

Arachnopeon
Picture of my new rosie

He is already proving to be Wacko! I say he because I can't see any girly parts.

Attachments

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck with your nice looking G.Rosea Glenn. I have a mature male & 2 slings. My small locally owned petshop has two more G.Rosea's & I think I may go get another! True they are kind of boring, but most have such laid back personalities & are pretty low maintenance & not to mention are beautiful I can see why they are a great starter.The $14.99 price does'nt hurt either! My Aphonopelma Hentzi is very easy going also & I think you would have to work really hard to get any kind of threat from her.
I know you'll enjoy your new Rosie, cheers.:D

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If they were not so common they would be much more expensive than they are. We as keepers many times take them for granted and its a shame.
I agree with this. I never wanted a rosie before because they are so common and I didn't think they looked that great. I finally got one just because I happened to see a RCF in a pet shop and loved the colours. But I am already in love with it, she's so sweet and docile. Definitely feel I wasn't giving rosies enough credit before.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I honestly think that rosea's are one of the prettier spiders I've seen. Mine's got pinkish-colored hairs and the pinkest carapace I've ever seen. I wouldn't trade my "pet rock" for anything, I love her too much!

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure, you can see the pink I'm talking about and that's not even very good lighting. She's even brighter under the right light:

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sure, you can see the pink I'm talking about and that's not even very good lighting. She's even brighter under the right light:

I have three and all have a pretty metallic pink carapace.

Your's is really pretty with the rose colored setae !