"Seasons" for Ts?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah i just use a flashlight in the otherwise dark room....the only ts that are spooked by the light are H. macs and the LVs...but theyre both incredibly reclusive and light sensitive species.

Ive never seen a reason to alter lighting or lighting colors...red lights let you see the t, but none of the colors or patterns...so for me i just dont see the point....but thats just me.
I've used regular light too. Some get spooked, most don't IME. The only reason I'd go with moonlight bulbs/color is if one wants to display them throughout the night, and observe etc. You can certainly see better that's for sure. I used to use one for my Lep Gex, HUGE difference over a red light. Red lights are a waste of my time generally.

Last edited:

doodleBug

Arachnopeon
@viper69 Any light with a blue cast/filter will work? I didn't know humans see better in blue lengths lol the things I learn from the T community. Anywho, my current sleep schedule involves me waking around 10 or 11 am, going to work 1pm-9pm, coming home and being awake till about 1 or 2am, repeat. So I'm awake for a large part of my spiders "day" and would love to see them out and about! Would, say, this work?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 Any light with a blue cast/filter will work? I didn't know humans see better in blue lengths lol the things I learn from the T community. Anywho, my current sleep schedule involves me waking around 10 or 11 am, going to work 1pm-9pm, coming home and being awake till about 1 or 2am, repeat. So I'm awake for a large part of my spiders "day" and would love to see them out and about! Would, say, this work?
Might work, never used that one before. It won't hurt them mind you provided it's not very bright, which might be hard to tell during daylight. Just save your receipt.