Sealing Self Off?

Erebus

Arachnosquire
My juvie P. irminia has sealed its self off in its little den. What could it be doing? I'm pretty sure its not going to molt. It had molted the day I got it, which was last week.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's no problem. I have two tarantulas that will seal themselves off for three months at a time or longer and not molt. They just want to be left alone. They'll come out when their ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

DannyH

Arachnobaron
Tarantulas do that all the time. Be happy, it means that it is comfortable enough in its new enclosure that it made a "house".

Erebus

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone! It removed the blockade from the entrance to its den around half an hour ago and has been doing renovations around the whole den lately.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're lucky yours is out so often, after I got mine it sealed itself in it's burrow and all I ever saw was it's toes for a whole year o_O He spends a lot of time outside now he's larger though. If a T ever seals them self in that is the classic 'don't bother me' sign, and the correct course of action is don't bother them and don't worry =)

Erebus

Arachnosquire
Mine hasn't been out as much lately. I'm pretty sure he was out a lot because he was doing some building inside his den. I got to see him throw some dirt that he removed from inside the den.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Actually, when they seal themselves in like that, they want to make some personal phone calls. It's considered bad manners to barge in, in the middle of it. Don't be a snoop. They're doing what their instinct tells them to, and they'll come out and be sociable when they're up to entertaining.