Scorplings

cxeterno

Arachnopeon
Hello there
Excuse me for my English. I have a heterometrus sp. scorpion (probably cyaneus at least thats what they said me at the store where i bought her).Anyway one week ago i found her with scorplings in her back.Its first time that I encounter this so I searched the internet for advices and caresheets.I found that they need the same conditions with adult scorpions.Anyway they were around 20 maybe from which i have found one day 8 alive,around 7-8 dead and the other missing(probably eaten i guess).As soon as they got down from their mother's back I put them into an other plastic container for transporting geckos.They are all together now.I put some exo terra plantation soil and 1 hide for them.I read that they need water and the best way to offer them the hydration they need is by cotton balls deeped in water.Apart from that I kill a cricket every day and offer them( i cant find pinheads here so the store told me that i can kill a big one for them). I am doing something wrong? I need help cause i want them to survive

Mila

Arachnoknight
Don't use cotton wool it's a magnet for mould especially in high humidity enclosures (as yours should be) and mould will kill your slings. Try ordering pin heads online or buy mealworms and cut them up. They're unlikely to eat from a giant cricket

cxeterno

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your reply.
I just removed cotton so how should I offer them water now? They are quite small so I am afraid that they will get drowned. Apart from that I have some mealworms for my other animals.Should I cut their head or cut them along their body?

Mila

Arachnoknight
Use a bottle cap and put a small stone in it that way if it falls in it can climb out again