scorpions

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I havnt had any scorpions..i wanna try to keep them though i like them..what is a good scorpion to start off with? I heard emperors are kndda hard..how bout the flat rock scorpion? arent they a little cheaper too? how much would they usually cost?

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hadogenes might go up to about 50 bucks there, but I wouldn't think it would be any higher than that (US price: Hadogenes are usually around 2-3 times the cost of P. imperator from what I have seen in the past (FR:$15-30, emps:$4-15 [commonly]depending on age for both). As far as the scorpions go, they are a very easy species to keep (having only a small number of absolute requirements, though breeding is said to be difficult for some ppl), though many of the people I speak with do not keep them because they seem to want a 'pretty' scorpion, which Hadogenes obviously are not. They are still a very interesting species to watch and keep. My adult female will commonly sting her prey items and always from the same side, interesting enough. Most people I have spoken with who keep them state that they never see them sting, so it is on a very individual basis. Any way it goes, do be careful because a Hadogenes sting might not be lethal, but you can rest assured, it would definitely hurt if they got you with a good injection of venom or a good pinch.

adios,
edw.

Last edited:

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok cool, what do i need in the tank and how big does the tank need to be? rocks? they need a dish for water?

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep an adult in a 5 gallon tank, with a waterdish that I always keep full. There is a hide in it made out of stacked slate, and the substrate I use is a mixture of sand, aqaurium gravel, and crushed pieces of slate.