1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scorpion's Name Please

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by whitecat13, May 17, 2017.

1. whitecat13

whitecat13 Arachnopeon

Vietnam
    Advertisement
    Last night, this guy sneaked into my house. After looking its name up on the internet, I guess it calls Emperor Scorpion. As the Internet said It can be found throughout West Africa’s forested areas but where I live is South East Asia so I'm not sure about it.
    I just wanna know more about this little guy. So please help me if you can. Thanks.
    Here are its picture.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

That is 100% an Asian forest scorpion . Possibly an emporer but more than likely a heterometrus species. They can be found all over Asia. In the wet foresty areas usually underground in a hole

Did you decide to keep it

3. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

Heterometrus species aka Asian Forest Scorpion.

4. If you post a pic of the claws and cephalothorax (head) we might be able to find a species for you.

5. soldierof4cheese

soldierof4cheese Arachnoknight

If its from Vietnam its probably a petersii species, I believe that is one of the species common to that area.

6. whitecat13

whitecat13 Arachnopeon

Vietnam
    Oh. Thank you guys. Unfortunately, my dad released it into the natural so there are only 2 pictures.

7. brolloks

brolloks Arachnobaron

ZA
    That is awesome. Would love to find those guys in my home.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Vietnam has to be one of the most badass heaven-nations ever for keepers: Scorpiones and Scolopendridae straight in your home, for free, like not even a birthday surprise, without dealing with FedEx and etc absurdity :-s

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. darkness975

darkness975 a Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

Not to mention the sheer size of their specimens. When a Scorpion sneaks into your house in Vietnam it's the size of a lobster :D

• Funny Funny x 1